- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £22,000.00 gross per year
Fixed Term Contract | 3 Years | Addaction Borders Recovery Service, Galashiels
Addaction is one of the UKs leading charities working across drug and alcohol, mental health, young persons, prisons, family and primary care services. We believe that everyone can change and we support them to do this.
Our service in the Borders is currently looking to recruit an experienced Recovery Outreach Worker to join our newly formed Assertive Outreach Service working across Scottish Borders.
We have a specific need to provide support to vulnerable and hard to reach female service users and would welcome applications from those with such experience.
This service will work jointly with Borders Addiction Service to improve access and engagement for those with complex needs who often struggle to engage with statutory services.
The successful candidate will focus on outreach work in the local community with the aim of engaging hard to reach areas of the community. There will be an emphasis on raising service engagement levels and reducing the amount of unattended client appointments, focussing especially on reducing drug related deaths and other risks of harm associated with substance use.
Key elements of the role include:
- Providing support, information and advice to individuals in relation to substance misuse and using an assertive outreach approach, working as part of a team with colleagues from Borders Addiction Services (BAS) and 1 other outreach worker
- Improving access to appropriate services for service users, removing barriers to accessing services and reducing the harm associated with problem alcohol and drug use
The skills and expertise we are looking for include:
- Proven experience of working with vulnerable adults, ideally in the substance use field
- Ability to manage and prioritise a caseload of clients, continuously identifying and managing risk
- Experience of planning interventions with clients and monitoring and adapting to improve success rates
- Experience of working with targets and ability to summarise and measure success against these targets
- Having excellent communication skills with the ability to build rapport quickly and collaborate with a variety of individuals, internally and externally
- Excelling as a co-worker and working effectively as part of a team as well as individually
- Being a self starter who can manage their own workload and use their initiative to problem solve
You will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, and may be required to carry out occasional evening and/or weekend work. Ideally successful candidates will have an SVQ3 in Social Care and will require to become registered with the SSSC and hold an up to date PVG.
As the successful candidate will be required to deliver services within the community a driving license would also be essential.
In return, we offer excellent benefits and you will work as part of a supportive, tight-knit team who want to hear your ideas. We have a strong focus on our culture and trying new ways of working along with ongoing learning and development.
Addaction is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community. Please note that Addaction will only be able to employ those who have the legal right to work in the UK.
A comprehensive job description and role profile is provided below
Please note that all applications must be made via the Addaction web site; CVs will not be accepted.
This is a re-advertised post; previous applicants should not apply.
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 15 July 2019
Interview Date: Monday w/c 29 July 2019
- social work