- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Market Drayton
This is an opportunity for a recent graduate, or a student looking for a work placement to be a part of the packaging development team to gain relevant work experience within a fast paced packaging environment at either or Market Drayton or Telford site. The role will be to support the packaging technologists within the team. In it you will be providing packaging technical support for branded and own label product, across multiple sites. Supporting product range development, as well as range extensions. Supporting the development of packaging to have a competitive edge and enhanced supply chain performance, through continuous improvement programs.
In this role you will be given a dedicated project to support the muller packaging stratergy as well as supporting the teams in day to day operational activities. The role will encompass on the job training and work experience delivering the following:
- Support and be trained in the management and sign off of packaging & print projects.
- Deliver the agreed project within the agreed timescales.
- Undertake day to day activities such as supporting line trials, conducting laboratory testing. etc
- Support the team in ensuring that approvals are in place for design and packaging changes, both internally and externally.
- Support and training in implementation and application of operational changes to current concepts/products working closely with appropriate teams.
- Trained in knowledge of site production and technology processes.
- Training in and gaining knowledge in relation to packaging materials, packaging and print processes and systems.
- Ideally have some knowledge in statistical analysis and problem solving and demonstrate a clear analytical method and audit trail of their work, but training will be given.
- Will need to have the ability to anticipate problems and provide solutions, as well as being aware of the consequence of any change they may implement on all aspects of the business, training will be given.
- Supporting the Planning and implementing production trials within NPD, cost optimisation and other projects as required via the relevant system as is appropriate, training will be given.
- Maintain an improved range of performance packaging specifications.
- Ensuring projects are delivered on time, to budget and within scope.
- Keep clear lines of communication open between the site and other departments.
- Manage the smooth handover of projects from one area to another.
- Prioritise tasks within the project whilst still maintaining milestones and targets.
- Ensure all relevant paperwork is completed in a timely manner, as required by Muller systems and legal requirements.
Key skills & experience
Must have excellent communication skills, which they can adapt to working with people, within all levels within the business. They should have the ability to work on their own initiative as well as part of a team. The successful candidate will have a willingness to learn, take ownership and accountability to push their own development. They will be logical, analytical and inquisitive with a strong attention to detail and accuracy. Problem solving and providing solutions will be a key part of the role and the ideal candidate will want to learn how to apply this in quality and analytical techniques for the specification and performance improvement of packaging materials. PC literate essential
If you have the skills and experience in the above areas and would like to be considered for this role please apply at www.mullercareers.co.uk and quote reference 508342.
Talent Supply Team, Müller UK & Ireland, Shrewsbury Road, Market Drayton, Shropshire, TF9 3SQ