- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Paralegal - 90225467
Primary Location:UK-West Midlands-Birmingham
Posting Range:26 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title: Paralegal (Banking)
The Birmingham legal team are looking to hire an experienced Banking Paralegal. This exciting role offers transactional corporate and business banking instructions from across both Barclays International (“BI”) and Barclays UK (“BUK”), primarily relating to debt, security and cash management. This role offers exceptional career development opportunities to the successful candidate.
What will you be doing?
• Contributing towards the efficient and effective operation of the team and identifying ways to improve the team’s processes and delivery of legal support through, the development of shared expertise, playbooks, professional standards, templates, practices and procedures. The ability to collaborate effectively with our key business and legal stakeholders in particular in order to ensure a joined up and consistent approach is taken is paramount.
• Supporting the operational/administrative elements of the role, which may include management of inboxes, team governance frameworks and MI.
• Maintaining knowledge of relevant law and regulations, group policies and products.
• Supporting the education and training of teams within legal, compliance and business areas on relevant legal risk issues and developments.
• Contributing towards the development of an effective legal function by seeking to participate in elements of legal function and CLT team initiatives.
What we’re looking for:
• Hands-on relevant banking paralegal/other legal experience gained either with a law firm or financial institution.
• Experience in as many of the coverage areas mentioned above as possible.
• Interest in banking and the desire to develop a career in this field.
• Commercially, business and risk aware. Knows limits and when (and how) to ask for help or escalate. Understands internal and external business context.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Graduate or equivalent. Legal education preferred.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.