- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £18,000.00 - £21,000.00 gross per year
- BRISTOL AVON
Our client, an award-winning firm in Central Bristol is seeking a Legal Assistant/Paralegal to join their growing Tax, Estate and Planning Team. The Bristol team have a full private client practice with Wills, probate, trust and personal tax planning work This is an opportunity for you to start or continue your career in legal with an organisation which values its people and is ready to invest in your development.
What you will do:
This will be a combination of working for private clients and also acting on estates where a bank is executor of estates for high net worth individuals.
We are looking for someone who has some experience of probate and excellent client facing skills.
The candidate will be expected to work with supervision as part of a team on estates including those of high value and involving discretionary Wills, and nil rate band Wills.
We are committed to developing the candidate's career and we are flexible in developing a longer-term role to suit both our own requirements and the candidate's career aspirations. We may therefore involve them in wider private client work including:
- Will drafting.
- Trust drafting and administration.
- Powers of attorney and mental capacity law.
Desired knowledge - - At least 1 years' "hands on" experience in estate administration
- The ability to prioritise work and meet strict timescales
- Excellent IT skills, in particular ability to work with trust and estate accounts based on Excel
- Able to deal with clients with empathy and professionalism
- Confident and able to exercise initiative
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong numeracy skills
- Estate Administration