- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £11.00 - £13.00 gross per hour
- NORTH EAST LONDON UK
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Parenting Practitioner to join a leading Charity within their Newham based service. The successful candidate will be supporting the parents and carers of children and young people who have been affected by exploitation and trafficking.
Responsibilities of the Parenting Practitioner include:
- Assisting parents and carers to understand their child's experiences with the objective of reducing feelings of blame, guilt and shame
- Reducing the divide between statutory agencies and parents / carers
- Ensuring siblings are signposted to support to prevent secondary trauma and reduce risk
- Supporting parents and carers through advocacy approaches to have a voice within the professional network
Candidates for the position of Parenting Practitioner will need:
- Experience of working with families
- Relationship building skills
- Up to date knowledge of safeguarding and issues around young people affected by exploitation / trafficking
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply ASAP.
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role
Contact: Katie Wylie
Telephone Number: 020 7419 8900
Date Added: 30/12/2019
About the company
Morgan Hunt is a nationwide recruitment business with a quality-assured reputation for staffing solutions that result in placing talented people into UK public services. From managed service to contingent recruitment methods we deliver our clients value in sectors including; education, health, housing, local and national government and charities.