- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Part Time 1:1 Year 8 Teacher, Wickford
About the School and the part time 1:1 Teacher position:
Prospero Teaching are looking for a qualified teacher to work 1:1 with a Year 8 student based in Wickford. This is a great opportunity to make a real difference to a student’s life, gain great job satisfaction and to teach without the paperwork involved with a class of 30 children.
* We are looking for a qualified teacher to work on a 1:1 basis with a Year 8 student who is currently excluded from school and has Autism.
* The successful candidate will be required to teach for 3 hours per day, 5 days per week (during school hours).
* You will be teaching the student in their own home, hence will be required to undertake some (paid) safeguarding training prior to starting.
* The successful candidate will be expected to deliver all subjects, with a focus on English and Maths.
* The position is to start ASAP.
Contract Details for the part time 1:1 Teacher role:
* Location – Wickford
* Position – Part Time 1:1 Teacher
* Type of work – Teaching an excluded student in their own home.
* Start date – ASAP
* Contract type - Temporary – likely to be long term
* Duration / Likely Duration – Ongoing until the student can return to school.
* Part time –3 hours per day, 5 days per week (Mon-Fri – days TBC)
* Minimum rate of pay - £70 per session
Experience, Training and Qualifications required for the part time 1:1 teaching role:
* You MUST hold either QTS or QTLS.
* Experience working with Students who don’t respond well to conventional education methods.
* Highly motivated and focused on achieving the best for every student.
* A positive attitude and desire towards working with SEN students.
* The ability to engage and motivate students whilst making learning fun.
To be eligible for the part time 1:1 teacher position through Prospero Teaching you must:
* Hold Right to Work in the UK
* Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
* Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
* Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
* In-house Training and Development Team
If you have a friend who you think would be interested in this vacancy then please refer them to us and you could earn £150 from our Refer a Friend scheme
Role: Part Time 1:1 Year 8 Teacher, Wickford
Job Type: Contract
Location: Wickford, Essex,
Apply for this job now.