- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- WEMBLEY, GB
We’re currently on the hunt for a Receptionist to join our team in Central London for 16 hours per week to work on a shift basis throughout the hours of 07:00 to 20:00 Monday to Sunday.
Scape is no ordinary student accommodation and we don’t do recruitment the ordinary way. Everything here is a little bit different – think of it as the Scape Way: from filling Koko’s dance floor with more than 1000 students to launching industry-leading competitions with WeWork, we provide our residents a year that lasts a lifetime. We invest in people by offering a nurturing culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, valuing fun as much as our commitment to shelter and shape the minds of tomorrow.
Scape is one of the most exciting brands to be joining right now. With 12 locations across 2 continents and US expansion plans, the scale of our ambition to build a world-class student living brand is matched only by the disruptive innovation that underpins everything we do.
What we offer
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including access to exclusive partner deals, pension, cycle-to-work scheme, healthcare plan, healthy snacks, free access to our on-site gyms, as well as holiday perks).
- Providing a knowledgeable and friendly welcome to all students and guests whether in person or over the phone
- Keeping our booking system updated
- Understanding and following our health and safety policy, operational procedures, risk assessments and method statements
- Raising maintenance requests for students and general maintenance and communicating with our maintenance team
- Completing all tasks with the required paperwork
- Giving students ad-hoc service to improve their stay
- Understanding the changing needs of our students and clients, adapting to meet and exceed their needs
- Taking relevant training as instructed by any Senior Manager
- Reporting incidents and accidents to your Line Manager
- Responding to and logging enquiries, working with your Team Leader or Residence Manager where needed
- To keep accurate records of incidents and/or problems relating to students in residence. Records to include student particulars, personal experience and/or information received from the Residence Manager
- Ensure the circulation and distribution of all relevant notices, letters and information to all residents.
- Assist in the completion of cleaning checks on flat communal areas that have been identified as consistently falling below a reasonable standard of housekeeping.
- To maintain notice boards in the communal parts of the building on a weekly basis.
- Handling and logging complaints professionally and compassionately, escalating them to the Residence Manager for resolution
- Treating company documents as private and confidential in compliance with the Data Protection Act
- Responsibly handling cash payments, logging them and cashing up
- Communicating with colleagues and handing over vital information
- Distributing and planning housekeeping tasks, making sure our buildings look their best
- Keeping our building secure by following our security procedures
- Keeping the reception desk and entrance lobby clean and tidy at all times
- Greeting contractors and making sure they have signed in and informing the Maintenance Manager of their presence
- Handling post and parcels for our students efficiently and carefully, logging all signed for deliveries
- Booking cars, meeting rooms and couriers
- Organised, flexible and dedicated
- A professional phone, email and personal communications manner with a passion for excellent service
- Dependable, enthusiastic and works well within a team
- Competent with Microsoft Office and experienced with learning new systems.
- Previous Reception experience is preferred but not essential
Job Type: Part-time
- medical office: 1 year (Preferred)