- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £20,000.00 - £27,000.00 gross per year
- SOUTH WEST ENGLAND
Salary - Up to 26,600
Location - Somerset
My client is a very well established and exciting business based in Somerset. They are looking for an experienced Payroll Assistant.
This is a great opportunity to play a key role in a large and highly regarded payroll team within an industry leading company who truly value their people.
- Processing payrolls within deadlines (for weekly, 4 weekly and monthly payrolls).
- Playing a key role in running the payroll process, identifying corrections and working quickly with peers to ensure corrections are made in time.
- Assisting with the Year End payroll processes and preparing HMRC documentation.
- Managing new hire processes; entering P45 and new starter checklist details, checking and releasing employee bank details.
- Ensuring that tax information passed to and from HMRC is processed effectively.
- Reconcile payrolls at DME stage before sending for approval and correct anomalies.
Skills and experience required
- Proven understanding of payroll principles relating to the calculation of up to gross and gross to net pay
- Demonstrable knowledge of tax legislation
- Demonstrable knowledge of Statutory Pay and Deductions legislation
- Proven experience meeting HMRC deadlines
- Proven Intermediate level of Excel and Word skills
- SAP HR & Payroll experience would be advantageous
Thanks for considering an application. We do receive a high volume of applicants and as such we aren't unfortunately always able to respond to unsuccessful applicants. As such, if we haven't responded to your application on this occasion then your application has not been successful.Quinton Davies will not discriminate on unlawful grounds. We are committed to equal opportunity and diversity.