- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Pega Developer - 90222665
Posting Range:15 Feb 2019 - Ongoing
Pega Software Developer
The Pega Software Developer will be integral to the development and enhancement of a client management platform. This platform will automate a significant number of processes and allow Barclays to become the Go-To bank for client management. The Pega Software Developer will be responsible for designing, developing and setting up usability standards for the platform using Pega PRPC. The application has a very high level visibility within the firm.
What will you be doing?
• Architect, design and develop BPM applications
• Fully understand business needs and requirements
• Lead the effort in gathering and understanding requirements and use cases
• Exhibit solution architecture and design responsibility to deliver solution design within Pega PRPC
• Drive creation and integration of web services/databases/legacy systems
• Design class structure, data models and application frameworks
• Lead and govern software development life cycle (SDLC)
• Govern business analysis and requirements gathering tasks performed by Business Analyst and provide support to Business Analyst wherever required.
What we’re looking for:
• Java software development experience; particularly within Banking and financial services industry.
• Experience in PEGA PRPC platform development, and thorough knowledge about PEGA Class Hierarchy.
• Hands on experience in Agile methodology, application design and unit testing.
• Experienced in delivering critical, complex PEGA application with numerous modules involved.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Knowledge of Pega PRPC Agents and Services knowledge
• Experience with MS SQL Server
• Performance tuning in PEGA BPM applications
Where will you be working?
Barclays Scotland is a real Scottish success story. We’ve been in Scotland for 250 years, and our significance has never been as important as it is today. Glasgow is a recognised strategic hub within Barclays globally, and admired as a shining light in Scottish business. Due to the scale of work we do here, there are countless opportunities for our colleagues to develop and progress. We’re a place where talented people can build a satisfying and diverse career, within a community of talented and passionate people.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.