- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Performance Tools Developer - 90221179
Posting Range:1 Feb 2019 - Ongoing
This position is for a senior engineer/developer to be responsible for the design, development and delivery of the strategic performance management solution for use across the Barclays group. We are about to embark on a four hundred-million-pound journey to truly transform the IT infrastructure of Barclays. To enable us to achieve these ambitions we are looking to recruit highly motivated individuals who are keen to drive the delivery and adoption of cutting edge technologies. This is your opportunity to be part of a team that intends to revolutionise IT infrastructure within Barclays and the banking industry.
What will you be doing?
• Engineer, develop and maintain the Performance and Enterprise Systems solution for Barclays
• Deliver solutions using Agile software development processes
• Manage and (where appropriate) undertake the building of relevant infrastructure and software required to create the Development, Test and Production environments
• Take technical decisions to ensure optimal performance and stability of the platform
• Participate and feed into roadmap and strategic direction of product
• Keep stakeholders appraised of progress and issues
What we’re looking for:
• Deep Operating Systems knowledge, mainly Linux & Windows and some AIX
• Core WEB Knowledge, mainly HTML/CGI/CSS/JS/APIs, JS Frameworks such as AngularJS, Node.js and Bootstrap.
• Knowledge of OpenSource Project – Ganglia.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Knowledge of Networks & Network Programming
• MySQL Database administration
• Linux & Windows Packaging tools & the Chef Automation tool.
• Knowledge of security and its application to programming and application communications.
Where will you be working?
You’ll be working at our flagship Technology Campus at Radbroke Hall in Knutsford. Set in the beautiful grounds of Radbroke Hall itself, our Technology Center is the home for Banking innovation. We employ a unique friendly culture, relaxed work environment and a suite of onsite benefits.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.