- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
HOTEL OR ENTITY
AccorHotels Head Office UK & Ireland
City Central London / West End State London (England) Region/Country United Kingdom
Would you like to work for a forward-thinking, multi-national hospitality company alongside inspirational people who are dedicated to be the best they can be? Look no further than AccorHotels.
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are 250,000 hospitality experts who take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses. We each share the same passion: making people Feel Welcome.
As a valued member of the AccorHotels team, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- A competitive salary and bonus potential
- Hotel and food & beverage discounts in AccorHotels properties across 100 countries
- Discounts with key partners (e.g. Europcar, Emirates airlines etc)
- 2 free weekend breaks in the UK each year
- Private medical insurance
…and many more
Job Level Job
Fixed-term contract: No
Status Full Time
Anticipated Start Date 19-11-2018
Level of Education
Areas of study
Administration , Secretarial
3 to 5 years
ESSENTIAL AND OPTIONAL REQUIREMENTS
The successful candidate will have the following qualities:
• Proven experience as a PA at VP, Director or Senior Manager level
• Exceptional organisational skills
• Discretion and confidentiality
• Good presentation skills
• Master of Microsoft Office, strong Excel skills essential
• Attention to detail
• Fluent in English with excellent copywriting
• French would be an asset
• Flexible and adaptable
• Personable nature
Overview of the role:
To provide support to the VP of Sales & Distribution in the management of their team and in their day to day role and responsibilities. By dealing with administrative tasks, helping with time management and act as the VP’s first point of contact with people from both inside and outside the organisation.
During the course of duty you will have access to certain information which demands the utmost confidentiality. Discretion must be exercised at all times.
Main tasks and responsibilities
• Present a professional, friendly and efficient impression of the Company at all times
• Maintain a good working relationship with your colleagues creating a team that works well together and with all departments
• Attend any meeting and training session as required for the position
• Support senior management in the application and implementation of all company policies and procedures
Main responsibilities include:
• Provide administrative support, diary management and travel management to the VP and department as required.
• Organise meetings and conferences calls for VP and larger department meetings and events. Prepare and distribute meetings minutes and follow up on action points from minutes;
• Screen telephone calls, enquiries and requests, handling them when appropriate. To deal with incoming email, faxes and post, corresponding on behalf of the VP
• Assist in controlling costs through PO processing & expense approval for all department ensuring all relevant policies and budgets are adhered to across the department.
• Organise and deliver sales missions, trade events, departments meetings and BRMs as required and host events both within working hours and occasional evenings
• Manage the department’s induction programmes and integration (laptop, business cards, mobile etc.). Coordinate car fleet and IT equipment needs and usage with the IT and Finance departments;
• Devise and maintain office systems, including data management, employee files and holiday requests, coordinate stationary orders for the department
• In liaison with HR, produce contracts, offer letters and salary/bonus letters and use update form to inform payroll on any relevant changes;
• Produce monthly expense report for the VP and review their direct reports monthly expense forms for the VP to authorise
• Produce job descriptions and candidate profiles, manage interviews, and check references.
• Lead monthly invoicing process, strong numeracy and Excel skills required.
• Propose and manage a training development programme based on appraisals.
• Chair the department social committee and organise team events as appropriate within approved budget
APPLY TO THIS VACANCY
About the company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,100 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making “Feel Welcome” resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.