- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- West Yorkshire UK ,GB
The Business & Opportunity:
A well respected, growing and reputable Leeds based accountancy practice is looking for a personal tax expert to provide an excellent service to their client base. This consists predominantly of small businesses across a wide range of sectors.
* Reporting to the Practice Partner, you will take responsibility for all personal tax related matters. These will include:
* Preparing and filing tax returns;
* Trusts tax and returns;
* Tax-coding notice reviews;
* Business tax adjustments, i.e. add-backs to profits/capital allowances;
* Liaison with HMRC and clients.
* Some Company Secretarial work
Ideal Skills & Experience:
* An accountancy or tax qualification is by no means a pre-requisite, hence qualified by experience candidates are very welcome to apply.
* You must be seasoned and experienced in a similar role, having carried out many January tax deadlines.
* Worked within a small-medium sized accountancy practice.
* A thorough understanding of HMRC deadlines, penalty regimes and general compliance.
* A general working knowledge of capital gains tax, tax-residency status & trusts.
* Advantageous to have an element of company secretarial experience.
* Good client facing skills.
* Excellent attention to detail .
* A working knowledge of IRIS will be helpful, but not essential.
* Ideally have your own transport.
What’s on offer:
* A competitive salary in the region of 28-35k (or hourly rate equivalent).
* Flexitime and/or reduced hours can be accommodated.
* The opportunity to work in an established and growing firm.
* A North Leeds location offering free on-site parking. Easily accessible from all parts of Leeds, Bradford, Harrogate, Wetherby and surrounding areas.
* Interviews are being conducted asap, hence you are advised to apply at your earliest convenience.
N.B. Lyons Recruitment are exclusively retained on this recruitment campaign, hence applications via other sources will not be considered
About the company