- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Profile Teaching - Business Tutor
Contract Type Permanent Job Purpose
The BPP School of Business and Technology is recruiting for a Personal Tutor to operate across the whole School, who specialises in the field of Student (Learner) Support to implement and maintain the School’s Retention Programme. We are looking for a highly motivated, practitioner experienced tutor to bring high quality learner support into the School.
Specifically, we are seeking candidates who hold relevant professional qualifications and have relevant practitioner experience and are able to provide the following services:
- Learner support
- Development of support materials
- Implementation of support services
- Tracking/monitoring success rates of support
The role of faculty in the School is to ensure that learners in the School receive a premium experience. This is achieved via delivery of the highest quality tuition and module leadership.
Faculty will undertake a variety of duties including, but not restricted to, personal tuition, project supervision, managing online cohorts, undertaking scholarship work and teaching (which will be a combination of live, on line via the Adobe Connect platform and face to face delivery). Faculty are expected to assist with recruitment of learners at open days as well as having involvement in ad hoc business development activities.
Our experience in building careers spans over 40 years. We believe in progress for everyone. For learners who want to develop, and the business partners that strive for growth. We work closely with employers and professional bodies to make our learning as real world, relevant and future facing as possible. We do it for the biggest names and we do it in specialist areas. That includes law, accountancy, financial services, nursing, technology and more. And it covers a range of qualifications to develop careers at every stage and every level of development. We educate over 80,000 students annually, working with 7000 businesses across 170 countries. Our expertise covers learning for a number of different levels. They include apprenticeships, university courses, professional qualifications and professional development.
About the School of Business and Technology
BPP’s School of Business and Technology delivers programmes in undergraduate, postgraduate, apprenticeship and professional qualifications specialising in accountancy and finance, management and technology. We are proud to teach students from blue chip employers and individual high calibre students from all over the world. We have a number of unique programmes, poised for significant growth. We have teaching centres in London, Birmingham and Manchester and also teach many programmes online. Our new technology faculty experts provide us with an opportunity to design cutting edge accounting and management programmes to meet the rapidly changing needs of these professions.
- Providing students with excellent customer service and issue resolutions
- Guidance on academic requests
- Provide support to students following examination results release
- Actively encourage students' engagement with their programmes
- Provide academic and pastoral support to students
- Leaning support rep
- Review at risk list and meet with students deemed at risk
- Conduct regular surgeries for students
- To assist individual learners with both formative and summative assessments as part of their undergraduate or graduate studies
- To provide learners with one-to-one sessions on a variety of academic areas
- To liaise with Programme Support Officers and the Assessment Team, identifying learners at risk of failing
- Formulating personalised study plans for learners identified as ‘at risk'
- Become familiar with an overview of module contents at the school, as well as the relevant assessments and marking criteria
- Develop and deliver high quality and consistent support materials
- Undertake scholarship activities and contribute to the research base within the School.
- Providing academic support for commercial and business development activities within the School.
Department School of Business and Technology - SOBAT Faculty
Location UK, London, London Shepherd's Bush Candidate criteria Essential
- A Level 7 (Post-Graduate) or relevant Professional Qualification.
- If candidate does not have either of the desirable criteria, then a commitment to achieving either of these through BPP's PGCPE (Post Graduate Certificate in Professional Education) or Headway, BPP's accredited CPD scheme.
- Significant practitioner experience in your field
- Experience of teaching subjects at a Further (Level 3) and/or Higher (Levels 4-6) education level relevant to your field
- Experience of negotiation with and managing different stakeholders
- Experience of coaching, supervising and mentoring learners in an academic context
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- The ability to effectively plan, organise and prioritise workload
- The ability to work well in a team and be collaborative
- Excellent computer/IT skills
- A teaching qualification (at any level) relevant to the discipline.
- Fellowship of the HEA
- Experience in teaching live on line and/or of delivering training and seminars in a commercial context, relevant to your field
- Experience in developing schemes of work and engaging online content and resources
- Experience/awareness of delivery needs for work based learners
Contract Hours 37.50 FTE 1.00
Full Job Description
Personal Tutor JD July 19.pdf (145 Kb)
- ms project