- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At Cummins we recognise that having experience of the working world during your university degree provides a key insight to the practical application of your learning. We run an exciting 12 month placement where you are given an opportunity to work in a role and on real projects making a difference in both your team and the company as a whole. You will receive on the job training and take part in a structured Training & Development Programme designed to give the skills and competencies required for future graduate roles.
The role of Maintenance Placement will be to keep production departments and upper level management informed on the performance of production operations on a weekly basis.
The Maintenance department is responsible for maintenance, repair and improvements to machine tools, test cells, production lines, industrial control systems, plant and equipment.
The role will involve
- reporting on breakdowns using Microsoft Powerpoint
- constantly looking for new ways to collate and analyse breakdown data used in the Key Performance Indicators
- working to improve overall equipment effectiveness, uptime, MTTF/MTTR and capability by utilizing continuous improvement tools and working cross functionally
- turning reported downtime into actionable data
- taking on a variety of projects linked to improving plant production processes including cross-functional projects (utilising other departments)
- high proficiency in the use of Excel
- self-motivated – the successful applicant will need to be able to manage their own time, including managing projects as hard deadlines are rare
- ability to teach oneself on new software packages
- flexibility – the nature of the project work will depend much on the needs of the business during the 12-month period
The role will provide excellent experience for your CV and an introduction to a Maintenance/Production/Projects-style role in industry. A mentor will be there to guide you through your placement year. The following training will be provided;
Training in Corporate systems such as Oracle, and familiarisation with other business software (such as Maximo etc)
Coaching to enable the development of other business skills.
- 4 x 1 day workshops through an external training provider: Adapting to Professional Environments, Effective Communication and Presentation Skills, Team Work, Customer Care.
- Internal Placement and Graduate Networks
At Cummins, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and we are committed to a policy of treating all our employees and job applicants equally. No employee or potential employee will receive less favourable treatment because of any protected characteristic.
United Kingdom-England-Northamptonshire-UK, Daventry, Cummins Co Ltd
Cooperative / 12 Month Placement
Recruitment Job Type Student - Cooperative/12 Month Placement
Feb 15, 2019, 7:48:33 AM