- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We’re currently offering the opportunity for undergraduate placement students to gain valuable experience and develop a number of key skills that will help you to pursue a career in civil engineering.
What you’ll do:
• Assist with monitoring the quality of the works in conjunction with the Test and Inspection Plan, maintaining as built records.
• Co-ordinate site engineering control activities to satisfy contract programme requirements, assisting or carrying out setting out as necessary.
• Ensure standard company procedures are adopted in carrying out setting out operations as per the test and inspection, and that effective methods of communication are used in transmitting information to operatives and subcontractors.
• Carry out ‘as built’ surveys on completed works.
• Assist the Site Manager in the initial site set-up.
• Support the Site Manager in maintaining and enforcing safety standards throughout the project.
• Support the site team in planning ahead and monitoring outputs.
• Ensure company cost systems are kept up to data by logging material deliveries, managing and reviewing plant levels.
• Assist the Site Manager and Quantity Surveying Department by compiling data to record resources utilised on each activity.
• Liaise and co-ordinate with the site team, design team, support services and the supply chain to ensure successful project or milestone completion.
What we’ll offer:
• A fantastic development scheme with a view for you to return to us as a graduate.
• Competitive financial package including a final year sponsorship opportunity.
• Opportunity to work within a family-feel organisation with over 1500 employees.
• A turkey at Christmas (or vouchers).
• Flexible start date. Candidate Specification
What you’ll need:
• We are seeking applications from current 2nd year students who have opted to complete a year in industry.
• A full UK driving licence and eligible to work in the UK.
• We are willing to review applications for any individual studying a degree relevant to civil engineering.
• Excellent commercial awareness.
• Strong organisational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• A positive attitude with the ability to work well under pressure.
JN Bentley Ltd is part of the global management, engineering and development consultancy Mott MacDonald,
offering our clients full feasibility, design and construction services throughout the UK.
We are a rapidly expanding organisation with a current turnover of over £300 million generated from projects in
the building and civil engineering sectors.
JN Bentley Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
Job category (multi-select)
Administration, Civil, Construction, Operations, Site, Technical, Utility, Water
- ms project
- site manager