- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We’re currently offering the opportunity for undergraduate placement students to gain valuable experience and develop a number of key skills that will help you to pursue a career in quantity surveying.
Quantity Surveyors at JN Bentley take responsibility for the commercial aspect of construction projects from conception to design,
construction and completion - delivering projects that are high value and low cost to maximise efficiencies.
What you’ll do
· Manage all costs relating to construction projects
· Work very close with Sub-contractors, while ensuring that the needs of a project are met.
· Effectively Manage relationships with various stakeholders, while minimising costs to maximise the value received.
· Agree and report final accounts on both the financial and contractual status of schemes.
· Assist with maintaining our world class safety culture – through the production of critical designs, health & safety
documentation, O&M manuals and commissioning plans.
· Fantastic development scheme with a view for you to return to us as a graduate.
· Competitive financial package including a final year sponsorship opportunity.
· Opportunity to work within a family-feel organisation with over 1500 employees.
· A Turkey at Christmas (Or vouchers)
· Flexible start date
What you’ll bring
You must be studying towards obtaining a full-time degree and be eligible to work in the UK.
• We’ll accept applications from students studying: Maths, Geography, Economics and Business Studies.
• Confidence, motivation, plus the ability to hand multiple tasks and problem-solve.
• Contractual awareness.
• Excellent commercial awareness.
• Strong organisational, numerical, financial and communication skills.
• A positive attitude with the ability to work under pressure.
JN Bentley Ltd is part of the global management, engineering and development consultancy Mott MacDonald,
offering our clients full feasibility, design and construction services throughout the UK.
We are a rapidly expanding organisation with a current turnover of over £300 million generated from projects in
the building and civil engineering sectors.
JN Bentley Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
Job category (multi-select)
Civil, Commercial, Construction, Contracts, Cost, Quantity surveying, Site, Utility, Water
- ms project