- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- BURNLEY LANCASHIRE
High Volume Manufacturing
£Excellent + Benefits
Our Client is recognised as a leading manufacturer in its field, supplying a high profile, blue chip customer base. Part of an innovative European Group, the site has a turnover c£21m p.a., employs 150 people, and houses complex manufacturing processes producing a diverse product range.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a proven Plant Manager to join the site leadership team, contributing towards the delivery of the overall business strategy focused on profit and operational performance improvement. Reporting to the Managing Director, this role will encompass full responsibility for the day to day management of the business, providing leadership and focus for a high calibre team across Production (including Engineering), Health & Safety, Quality, Warehouse/Logistics and Customer Services, with a broad remit which will include:
- Helping to ensure the site achieves its required profitability by exceeding annual budgeted operating profit targets, showing year on year improvement.
- The delivery of maximum efficiencies and optimum production levels, ensuring repeatability and sustainability.
- Ensuring a customer centric approach is adhered to across the site, during a time of planned sales growth, improving operational performance to optimise market position.
- Leading, engaging and inspiring the team to ensure objectives are met, identifying opportunities for further training and development.
- Continuing to drive a culture of operational excellence, identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and cost reduction.
Ideally degree calibre, with sound financial and commercial acumen, candidates will have a proven senior plant/site management/operational/manufacturing background gained in a high volume, complex manufacturing environment e.g. print, packaging, FMCG, food etc.
An accomplished leader with a hands-on approach, and excellent communication skills, you will demonstrate energy and enthusiasm achieving success through inspiring teams to engage and contribute.
All applications and contact from third parties must be made via our retained Consultants - McCourt Newton.
To apply please send your CV with current salary details via the apply button quoting the above reference.
Closing date: Friday 2nd August 2019
Applicants must hold a working visa for the UK. If you have not been invited for interview within 7 days after the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
- Business Strategy
- Manufacturing Environment
- Operational Excellence
- Performance Improvement
- tig welding