- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
About the Unit
Yara delivers solutions for sustainable agriculture and the environment. Our fertilizers and crop nutrition programs help produce the food required for the growing world population. Our industrial products and solutions reduce emissions, improve air quality and support safe and efficient operations. Founded in Norway in 1905, Yara has a worldwide presence with sales to 150 countries. Safety is always our top priority.
We are seeking to recruit an Operator for our liquid fertilizer Terminal in Elvington.
Reporting to the Terminal Manager the successful candidate will be part of a small operations team to lead and control the production, maintenance and engineering activities of the liquid production site.
We are looking for an experienced Operator who has a high level of Health & Safety competence and awareness.
- Work in accordance with relevant legislation, Company Health & Safety Policy, Yara Safety Principles and the Golden Rules .
- Follow procedures and risk assessments relevant to area of responsibility.
- Follow continuous improvement initiatives to increase operational efficiency and have a high safety awareness to improve the safety culture.
- Manufacture products following plant operating procedures in accordance with specifications to meet market demands.
- Movement of raw material on site using heavy plant machinery ie loading shovel, forklift truck.
- Complete batch and stock recording associated with production and blending activities.
- Issue permit to work certificates and conduct planning checklists.
- Conduct and/or supervise first line maintenance activities
The ideal candidate should:
- General level of school education.
- Good knowledge of plant and equipment maintenance requirements.
- Fork-lift truck and Loading shovel licence.
- Good knowledge of liquid product storage and handling process, and equipment.
- Good knowledge of operating procedures, permit and safe systems of work.
- Breathing Apparatus Certificate.
Yara offer an attractive rewards package including pension and private health along with access to a wide range of development opportunities across all Yara businesses.
This is a great opportunity to support the business in the next phase of our business strategy.
Helen Coxon, HR Manager: Mobile: 07824465630
Kevin Soper, Regional Terminal Manager. Mobile: 07768 615220
Apply no later than
Closing Date: 31st May 2019