- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Title: Precision Manager (Display & Social)
Reporting to: Precision Director / Precision Lead
Key reports: Precision Exec
WM Select was created to provide better focus and leadership to grow potential clients outside of our top 10, and to strengthen our position and credibility in the market for mid-level pitches.
WM Select operates as an agency within an agency. We’re currently a team of around 70 (growing rapidly) who work across 40 clients covering a broad range of categories, offering an end to end service for our clients who prefer a more boutique agency feel. We can offer the best of both worlds; a truly bespoke service to our clients, but with all the support, tools, specialisms, and trading power from the wider agency. Since launch, we’ve seen huge success. We have won many new clients (most recently Wessanen, a Healthy sustainable Food company that includes brands, Kallo, Clipper Tea, Whole Earth Peanut Butter and Mrs Crimbles). We have delivered significant levels of incremental revenue from additional projects and services, and create award-winning work, winning 4 industry awards and being shortlisted for many more!
WM Select Key Clients for this role:
We have a close working relationship with our clients and are highly valued as an extension of their marketing teams.
The client portfolio presents exciting opportunities for us to develop media strategy and explore a variety of creative opportunities to best fulfil brief requirements. We pride ourselves on the level of service and innovation we bring, across varied budgets, objectives and audiences.
In recent years, Display has become a greater area of focus across each client. Our activity covers both ensuring established products can grow, as well as launching brand new products.
The Precision Manager is responsible for the flawless delivery of Display (including Programmatic and Video) and Social activity. We would also value any experience you have with Aggregators and Affiliates. Your core focus will be to continuously deliver value for your clients by planning and executing best in class campaigns; working with media owners to help your clients to be the first to trial new formats and features; and create and deliver gold standard optimisation and delivery plans.
- You will work with the Comms and Activation teams to produce and present strategy and rationales, media plans, projections and results to clients
- You will be responsible for liaising with the appropriate clients with regards to: Display, Aggregators and Affiliates and Social performance, optimisation plans, testing schedules, competitor analysis and industry news
- Working with the Precision Director, you will present at monthly and quarterly business reviews
- You will need to develop and demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of your clients’ industry sector and their competitors Strategy & Planning:
- Your core role will be to translate strategy into gold standard delivery and optimisation plans for each client
- You will work with the Precision Director and the Precision Lead in taking client briefs and creating innovative delivery plans and rationale documents that demonstrate how you will deliver quantifiable outcomes.
- You will be required to provide KPI projections, benchmarks and forecasts for your channels in response to client briefs
- You will need a good working knowledge of key industry planning tools and platforms (e.g.TGI, Comscore, Hitwise, Google Insight tools, Facebook Audience Planner) to enable you to build robust plans and rationale documents that justify your media selections
- Testing plans will be a key component of this role, you will work with your Precision Director and media owners (e.g. Xaxis, Google, Facebook etc.) to create and deliver ongoing robust testing plans
- In conjunction with your client, Comms team and other Specialists you will create case studies month to be shared with the wider team, and eventually entered for award winning work in the agency. Campaign Management & Performance
- Quality control check and take full ownership of the output of your Executive
- Ensure every brief you receive has a clear set of measurable outcomes and that all parties (client, client teams and your specialist team) are agreed on these outcomes / KPI’s
- You will be responsible for meeting and exceeding any agreed targets
- You will work with the Precision Director and Executive to ensure every account has an insight driven clear and achievable 30/60/90 day optimisation schedule. It will be imperative that the client is aware of this plan and the outcomes it will deliver
- Each week you will review, with your specialist team, performance against targets and adjust optimisation activities accordingly
- Every month and quarter you will work with your executive and the Precision Director (and Precision Lead if required) to review and amend the 30/60/90 day optimisation schedules for your clients which will deliver quantifiable outcomes
- It will be your responsibility to ensure timely delivery against the agreed 30/60/90 optimisation schedules
- You will need to check that your team are logging all significant actions on your account to feed into post campaign reviews and to help shape future activity
- You will regularly work with Platform Leads in Paid Social and Display to ensure your teams’ activity is audited regularly and is best in class
- You will attend department meetings for Paid Social and Display and bring back “new news” to your teams and clients
- You will need to have an excellent working knowledge of industry and Wavemaker tools and systems (e.g. DCM / Adform, Display Lift, Attribution modelling, dashboards, GA reports) and must ensure that your executives are using them correctly to monitor performance and conduct daily checks to confirm budget pacing is as planned and that activity is serving correctly
- You should attend and contribute to weekly client team status meetings and monthly specialist team meetings
- You will need to manage the delivery of weekly/fortnightly/monthly reports and ensure that they contain insightful commentary on performance, key optimisations and recommended next steps Commercials:
- Ensure all of your accounts and your executive(s) are booked onto the system correctly, reconciled within the monthly window, that financial queries are addressed in a timely manner and that Wavemaker financial processes are followed correctly, especially in relation to SOX compliance, plan approval & PO receipt / reconciliation
- Work to overall account performance related fee targets as outlined by the Precision Lead
- Work with the Precision Lead and Precision Director to ensure you and your executive(s) spend the right amount of time on each client
- Develop strong negotiation skills to construct deals which maximise value both for clients and Wavemaker and help your executive(s) to build on their own skills in this area
- Work closely with Trading & Barter teams to identify new opportunities to help meet commercial objectives for your clients and Wavemaker and ensure that all your plans and that of your team are shared with them prior to being shown to clients
- Be fully aware of all Wavemaker / GroupM deal partners and priorities and have a good understanding of their individual capabilities
- If working on an audited client, ensure you understand the process and methodology for benchmarking and work with your manager to collate and deliver all relevant data sets as per agreed deadlines
- Ensure timesheets are up-to-date and accurate for yourself and your executive(s) each month Team Management
- Lead and line manage your executive(s)
- Responsible for the training and development of your executive(s) with support from your Precision Director and Precision Lead
- Accountable for the workflow and quality of work of your executive(s), ensuring that they deliver work on time and to a high standard that is aligned to your client’s digital media strategy
- Ensure you and your executive(s) have the correct qualifications at all times (e.g. Facebook Blueprint, Snap etc)
- Review, provide feedback and set objectives for your executive(s) every 6 weeks Innovation & Collaboration
- Work with client team, specialist leads and specialist peers to establish best practice in self-serve programmatic as this area grows over 2017/18.
- Use unique DMPs to inform, enhance and personalise all of the digital media channels they use.
- Help your Digital Activation Director and Precision Lead to leverage key media owner relationships and client data insights in order to produce work which drives tangible business results for our clients
- Develop strong relationships with relevant media owners at an appropriate level, especially Xaxis and vertical specialist teams at Facebook, Twitter, Snap, etc and other external agencies (creative/PR) on your clients’ businesses
- In conjunction with your Digital Activation Director, work with key media owners such as Xaxis, and other WAVEMAKER deal partners to identify new products and features our clients should be testing, including Google, Facebook & Twitter Betas and Alpha tests to ensure your clients activity is best in class
- Work with your Precision Director to produce case studies with media owners such as Facebook, Xaxis and the media owners on the PSL
- Actively seek out new trends, industry new / updates and product launches and share with wider team
- Develop relationships with programmatic media partners such as Teads, MiQ, Captify, Quantcast etc. Technical Skills & Experience
- A solid background in digital media is essential, with exte
- quality control