- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Portfolio Data Analyst - BA4 - 90222035
Posting Range:4 Apr 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title BPS Risk Data & Portfolio Analyst
Our risk teams protect our financial performance and reputation. Our team members have advanced technical skills across a broad range of disciplines, tackling issues from economic conditions to financial crime. They advise Barclays’ business leaders, helping them make decisions.
What will you be doing?
• The person in this role has significant exposure to information/data sourcing, reporting and analysis.
• The main activities will involve programming, pulling data and creation of reports and analysis. This includes creating codes based on given specifications for data pulls, checking accuracy of data, putting data in final template, checking final output for accuracy and presentation etc.
• In depth investigative analysis on the portfolio and segments through use of data available via various cluster warehouses and outsourced data.
• Production of ad-hoc MI and support to the wider CRO teams and senior management/stakeholders.
• Production of a range of reports to establish credit performance, specifically to contribute to the monthly Risk Management Committees and senior stakeholder meetings.
• Major types of activities undertaken:
What we’re looking for:
• Background in data analysis
• Advanced understanding of SAS, specifically Proc SQL, and Excel
• Ability to source data from various warehouses and external partners.
• Use historical and current data and work closely with cluster teams to provide insight and recommendations on portfolio, product and channel performance.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Background in credit risk / BPS
Where will you be working?
Barclays Northampton is an operation of vast scale, with a huge influence and impact on the financial services industry and on the lives of millions of British p
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.