- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Portfolio Manager - 90225835
Posting Range:20 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title Portfolio Manager
Location Radbroke Hall (Knutsford)
We are recruiting for a Portfolio Manager. The role will govern a £40m+ portfolio, tracking strategic goal and will provide the opportunity to work on high profile projects within the bank. This role requires significant stakeholder management, reporting and coordinating across multiple functions and global locations.
What will you be doing?
• You’ll be accountable for the Finances, Reporting and Governance of the Datacentre & Location Programme.
• Responsible for the delivery of the GTIS Location and Datacentre Strategy deputising for the Portfolio Director as required
• You’ll establish relationships with key stakeholders within GTIS & CRES, and across the technology and business organisation.
• Partner with the relevant executives to design, negotiate, interlock and agree, both internally and externally, the phasing of delivery.
• Work with the GTIS Service & Strategy function to shape and staff a portfolio of transformation initiatives and to deliver the Datacentre & Location elements (both technology & GTIS workforce)
• You’ll engage and drive at the delivery teams to ensure associated tasks and activities are delivered to meet milestones committed to the executive
• Exercises day to day responsibility for the successful delivery of business aligned portfolio of projects to plan, budget and agreed quality and governance standards
• Manages suppliers in line with agreed contractual obligations, milestones and quality standards.
What we’re looking for:
• Extensive and high profile Portfolio/Programme management experience
• Strong track record of governing large complex business and technical Programmes/Portfolios of strategic significance via third party suppliers
• Strong Programme/Portfolio mobilisation / initiation
• A strong business/IT hybrid
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Banking/financial services experience
• Broad knowledge in specific area/areas of the Banks products, services and policies in order to plan operations and strategies
• Formal external qualification/accreditation to Agile, Prince II or PMI methodologies
Where will you be working?
Barclays Radbroke Hall is a strategic IT and Technology centre set in a fantastic countryside location with outstanding facilities to include Starbuck’s, onsite gym and canteen as well as football pitches and tennis courts. The site is relaxed with a dress down code and excellent working culture.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.