- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Power & Utilities - 90212586
Posting Range:6 Feb 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title – Power and Utilities
Location - London
Regulated roles / IAR - This role is deemed as a Certified role under the PRA & FCA - Individual Accountabilities Regulations and may require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks
• The Power, Utilities & Infrastructure team provides large corporate, government and institutional clients with a full spectrum of solutions to their strategic advisory, financing and risk management needs. Our activities include:
• Advise clients on M&A, capital raising, structured solutions or risk management;
• Raise debt financing for companies, sovereign wealth funds and supranational entities;
• Originate and execute equity and equity-linked transactions such as IPOs, follow-on and secondary offerings, and share repurchases;
• Provide advice to corporate clients on investor relations and all matters relating to their equity;
• Help clients to manage their exposure to financial risks such as movements in interest rates, currencies, and inflation; and
• Analyse impact of raising debt on corporate credit ratings
What will you be doing?
• Undertake company valuations and financial modelling
• Prepare materials for clients and internal presentations
• Attend client meetings and presentations where appropriate
• Liaise with colleagues across the Bank and with external clients and third party advisors
• Manage M&A processes/mandates
• Coordinate financing requests from clients
• Manage and mentor junior staff members on projects
What we’re looking for:
• Strong M&A skills, gained from either a product or sector team
• Track record of playing leading roles and responsibilities in project executions
• Coordination of: modeling, pitch / client / marketing materials, client and adviser communication, due diligence etc across the team
Skills that will help you in the role:
• First class organisational and numeracy skills
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Experience in the Power, Utilities & Infrastructure sector
• Experience in deal origination: helping generate ideas, writing presentations and leading client follow up
• Proven track-record (through previous hands-on experience) of outstanding financial modelling skills in Excel with ability to perform and supervise advanced financial analysis, strong corporate finance and accounting knowledge
• Sufficient knowledge of compliance, key applicable laws, rules and regulations
Where will you be working?
5 North Colonnade is home to our investment bank and is in the heart of Canary Wharf, just a short walk from our headquarters at Churchill Place. It boasts an array of onsite amenities such as dry cleaner as well as a deli and buffet style staff restaurant. The building is easily accessible by Tube, Docklands Light Railway and all major bus links. The atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.