- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Pre-Sales Engineer - Americas Global Enterprise Segment (AGES)
We are seeking a passionate and high energy early in career pre-sales engineer who’s looking to take their next step within Cisco. The ideal candidate will have a good foundation in enterprise networking and a flair for either datacentre, collaboration or security technologies. In this role you will build strong customer relationships and help drive key deals in global accounts as well as being an advocate for the customer within Cisco and contribute to a global team.
In this exciting role you will:
• Translate enterprise customer needs in high level solutions design.
• Bring new networking technologies to market.
• Liaise with the Business Units and Technical Marketing to understand our products, technologies and Services.
• Continuously help develop our solutions by providing feedback from the field.
• Prepare model RFP's and response to customer RFP's.
• Conduct training and technical workshops for customers and internal teams.
• Understand competitor offerings and provide input to the sales team on product positioning and differentiation.
• Represent Cisco on community forums and customer facing events.
• Handle post-sales escalation and resolve issues, by coordinating and working with all internal and external stakeholders.
The network touches everything: come and define it with us.
Who You'll work with
Systems Engineers in Cisco are the technical authority that advise and support sales teams with pre-sales and deep technical knowledge.
You’ll get to work across our vast portfolio of technologies including routing/switching, orchestration, datacenter & cloud, collaboration & video, IoT, software defined/programmability, and security.
This opportunity will touch a variety of Cisco technology solutions, focusing on the Global Enterprise business sector.
Who You Are
• Good understanding of technologies such as campus networking (L2/L3), SDx & programmability, datacentre & cloud, collaboration, and security.
• Industry knowledge and opinions of what’s good and bad
• You bring 1-2 years pre-sales engineering or technical customer facing experience.
• Preferably have CCNA, CCNP or CCIE certifications.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Write and speak English fluently.
Most of all a team player with a passion of technology and the impact it can make on our customers businesses, someone who helps others, likes to get involved, and have fun!
• Demonstrate good understanding of some or all of the following technologies : Cisco DNAC, SDA, Viptela SD-WAN, nexus 9k & ACI, Webex Teams, NG-FW, UCS/HX
• Adept at using initiative, discretion and judgment to apply technical solutions to complex sales opportunities.
• Experience of customer interactions with technical staff.
• Knowledge of sales cycle.
• Impactful verbal and written communication and good presentation skills.
• Great relationship building skills, tenacity, resilience.
• Ability to work independently and remotely as well as with your team to accomplish objectives.
• Good understanding of the market space and offerings.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.