- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
This position reports into the PR Manager and is responsible for implementing projects and campaigns that deliver consumer press coverage for the TUI, First Choice and Marella Cruises brands.
This role is also a key part of the Press Office and helps ensure it is run to a high standard, in order that external stakeholders and more specifically journalists view it as a reliable, useful and credible source of information.
The Press Officer acts as an ambassador for the TUI, First Choice and Marella Cruises brands and ensures that all PR projects are progressed and requests from journalists and the PR agency are actioned quickly, efficiently and in an appropriate manner.
In addition, Press Officers will be required to be part of a rota taking calls outside of office hours. They therefore need the ability to work on their own initiative, be comfortable writing press statements and dealing with potentially aggressive media, as well as briefing senior spokespeople.
What you will be doing
- You will work with the PR Manager and Senior Press Officer on the implementation of proactive public relations campaigns for the TUI, First Choice and Marella Cruises brands to ensure media coverage within key consumer publications and to build relationships with consumer contacts. Tools include press releases, press kits, blog posts, interviews, social campaigns and photography
- Assist in the day to day handling of press enquiries, pitching in news releases and be a driving force in the running of the press office.
- Working with internal stakeholders and the PR Agency to implement PR projects and campaigns.
- Developing ideas for newsworthy press releases and selling in and distributing to appropriate media with photography and other relevant material.
- Plan and set up press, group and filming trips including pitching of press trips to key media, logistics coordination and acting as brand guardian when project managing VIP and Celebrity film and photo shoots in resort.
- Oversee the monitoring and evaluation of press coverage and ensure each PR project is evaluated and specific KPIs met.
- Work with Internal Communications and Social Media teams to ensure that internal and external announcements and messages are aligned and fit with the company values.
- To be on call outside of office hours as part of a rota across the PR team and be able to respond directly to the media in a fashion that allows us to limit any damage to our brands. Understand when a situation needs escalating and make appropriate senior managers are given the right information.
What we are looking for
- Experience in a busy Press Office environment.
- Creative and able to develop newsworthy ideas for press releases or campaigns.
- Experience of working with a PR agency to implement campaigns.
- Good media pitching skills.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to write in a range of different styles and for various audiences and media channels.
- Understanding of the role of PR in the marketing mix.
- Crisis and issues management - experience of dealing with negatives stories and issues and ability to brief senior management where appropriate
Working within TUI group Be Yourself… Be Unique! TUI's more than a brand, it's who we are. Trusted - Unique - Inspiring.
We're the leading tourism business with diverse customers and over 67,000 employees. Together, we embrace different continents and cultures. We believe travel broadens the mind. Just like our customers, we're on a journey, of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven't arrived there yet. We believe that differences drive innovation and we're encouraging an environment where diverse talent thrives. Inclusion is fundamental to everything that we achieve and it's our unique colleagues that will shape the future of travel.
The TUI Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies. TUI is the UK's largest tour operator with key brands including TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Our airline is the country's third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year.
Join us now and you can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
How to apply Apply online, we just need a few details from you and your CV.