- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- UNITED KINGDOM
Pressure Systems/NDT Site Engineer - 190008TU
Pressure Systems/NDT Engineer
Zurich Engineering have a new vacancy for a Pressure Systems/NDT Engineer within the Consultancy Services Department
This role is available part-time, job-share or full time. This is because we want the best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those people aren’t available full-time.
- Pressure Systems related examinations on such items as in-service plant items, new build items, pressure related systems and assemblies in accordance with the relevant internal procedures and external standards.
- NDT examinations on pressure related equipment including boilers, pressure vessels, heat exchangers and pipework. In-service examinations conducted in accordance with Notified Body procedures and external guidelines. New manufactured items in accordance with the relevant codes, standards and customer requirements.
- Laboratory examinations witnessing Weld Procedures, Welder Approvals and Mechanical Testing in accordance with external standards.
- Remote Visual Examination of pressure related equipment in support of our Inspection Services department
- Extensive and detailed documentation reviews in accordance with the relevant codes, standards and PED requirements.
- The role is primarily home based but travel to other parts of the UK will also be required where workload dictates
- You will be responsible for arranging examinations directly with internal staff and external clients, discussing examination results with clients, developing client relationships and developing the business where the opportunity arises
Your skills and experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience in the inspection of pressure equipment in accordance with codes, standards and the Pressure Equipment Directive.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the NDT of pressure equipment and associated items, consideration to be given to both in-service and new manufacture examination.
- Extensive knowledge of codes and standards relating to the inspection and NDT of both newly manufactured items and in-service pressure equipment.
- Experience in detailed document review
- Extensive experience working in the welding and fabrication industry
- Experience working in accordance with an ISO 17020 accredited system
- The ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- The ability to produce clear and concise computer generated inspection and NDT reports
- A full UK driving license will be a requirement
Experience in the following would be advantageous:
- Shell Boiler NDT in accordance with SBG1 and SBG2
- RVI equipment including videoprobes and PTZ recording systems
- Refrigeration systems in accordance with the PED
- Road Tanker examinations in accordance with VCA and ADR requirements
- Ideally HNC or equivalent in a relevant Engineering Discipline
- PCN L2 UT Welds 3.1 and 3.2
- PCN L2 MT
- PCN L2 PT
Additional qualifications that may be advantageous
- PCN/CSWIP Welding Inspector
- PCN L2 UT Welds 3.7, 3.8, 3.9
- BINDT Shell Boiler L2 UT
Key Performance indicators
- Demonstrates impartiality and integrity
- Manages and ensures projects managed in a timely and profitable manner.
- Ensures projects are delivered to Zurich service standards.
- Supports business development and identifies opportunities.
- Understand technical requirements and market them accordingly.
- Embraces a continuous improvement culture.
As well as a competitive salary, we offer an excellent lifestyle benefits package which includes:- - Essential Car
- 12% Non-Contributory Pension
- 25 days holiday plus an additional 3 volunteering days
- Home workers allowance
- Annual company bonuses
- Contribution to medical cover
- Discounted gadget insurance
- Discounted technology offers
- Plus many more
At Zurich we will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. Many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, flexible hours, job share, an element of working from home or compressed hours. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you may need.
Who we are:
With about 55,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries we aspire to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers and employees. If you're interested in working in a dynamic and challenging environment for a company that recognises and rewards your creativity, initiatives and contributions - then Zurich could be just the place for you. The success of our business is built on the contributions of our highly talented employees - people who work every day to position us at the forefront of the insurance industry. We therefore look to hire great people and we encourage those people to give their best.
You’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
At Zurich, we aim to have a diverse mix of employees that reflects our customers and the communities in which we live and work. Zurich is a workplace that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all, regardless of age, sex, race, religion or belief, disability, marriage/civil partnership, gender reassignment, pregnancy/maternity status and sexual orientation. Our approach ensures that Zurich is a place that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.
: United Kingdom
: Yes, 25 % of the Time
About the company
Swiss insurance company, commonly known as Zurich, headquartered in Zürich, Switzerland. The company is Switzerland's largest insurer.