- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
TUI Group has a large number of domains, business units, systems and development teams delivering large amounts of change across various technology portfolios.
We are recruiting for a new Principal Solutions Architect to work within our Sales & Content domain focused at ecommerce and retail capabilities.
You will lead delivery of technology solutions that contribute directly to development, testing and DevOps needs of the organisation. The role will be required to work at the leading edge of cloud technologies to drive and deliver innovative solutions to support our rapid development and continuous delivery approach. The role will encompass the following activities:
What you will be doing
- Manage and lead a team architects (Solution and Technical) and System Analysts and additional flex resource as required to delivery best in class architecture solutions with Active participation in the definition and implementation of strategy, standards and patterns.
- You will enhance the capability of the wider team through continuously exploring new ways to enhance the quality of solutions, ensure that project/product technical options are considered and recommended approaches are clearly designed with valuable solutions.
- You will take ownership of Cloud solution architecture roadmap. You will drive maturity improvements in this space by adopting suitable latest industry trends.
- You will manage large complex designs with lead solution architects within larger projects and programmes ensuring adherence to the architecture governance processes.
- You will lead the Cloud Design Authority governance process across the Technology division to maintain best practice and identify potential synergies which offer value for the TUI Group.
- You will accelerate Technology delivery and operations capability through the production of flexible solution architectures that make design, delivery and operations processes easier to manage and maintain.
- You will ensure solutions are right fit, cost effective, high quality and aligned the highest IT Standards and Policies through provision of review and guidance to architects and system analysts.
- Working with the Lead Delivery Managers, Portfolio Managers and Domain Architects you will help define the portfolios application architecture strategy in line with the enterprise application architecture strategy.
- Be passionate and curious of up and coming cloud technology trends and will encourage a networking environment within the Technology division.
- Using strong social and interpersonal skills to build trusted advisor level relationships with stakeholders fostering collaboration to facilitate joint understanding of the outcomes of Technology change.
What we are looking for
- Validated skills and experience delivering large enterprise scale architecture solutions by exploiting core and upcoming AWS technologies in following categories: Compute, Storage, Database, Networks, Developer Tools, Analytics, Application Integration, Machine Learning and Management tools.
- Deep understanding of Application Architecture for web and mobile using frameworks such as: API, Micro Service, Event Driven Architecture, N-Tier Applications, Java Application Architecture (JEE & Spring) and Web Service.
- Qualifications on architectural notation framework for requirements definition and systems design preferably AWS Certified Architect, ISEB, CITP, UML or TOGAF.
- A track record of delivery in large scale solution designs for multiple technology areas such as ecommerce, Cloud Applications, customer, travel, hospitality retail or corporate services platforms through the entire inception-to-operations lifecycle.
- Understanding of security requirements and the approaches to ensure they are addressed during design.
- Clear thought leadership and experience in improving the maturity of teams and technology.
- A passion for enthusiastically identifying trends and technical enablers who will contribute towards a culture of innovation at TUI Group.
- A deep understanding of Agile and Waterfall delivery concepts and methodologies.
- Ability to see potential and opportunities, being an advocate and catalyst for change and improvement.
- Demonstrate patience and tenacity to see and instigate foundational change in a large enterprise.
- A deep understanding of documenting and analysing enterprise integration patterns and data modelling within a large company.
Working within TUI group You can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
TUI UK and Ireland is the UK's largest tour operator with key brands including TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Sub brands include Sensatori, Sensimar, and Family Life, as well as First Choice Holiday Villages and SplashWorld Resorts. Our airline is the country's third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year.
It's our people that make us number one.
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 67,000 employees across the world. The Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies, and much more. At TUI, we have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven't arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel.
How to apply Equal Opportunities:
Be Yourself… Be Unique! TUI's more than a brand, it's who we are. Trusted - Unique - Inspiring.
We're a global travel company with diverse customers. Together, we embrace different continents and cultures. We believe travel broadens the mind.
We're on a journey; just like our customers. We believe that differences drive innovation and we're encouraging an environment where diverse talent thrives.
Inclusion is fundamental to everything that we achieve and it's our unique colleagues that determine our future. Join us and be yourself at TUI.
To apply please go to: and search Resourcing Advisor: