- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
United Kingdom - Hampshire, Basingstoke
AECOM is a collaborative force of world-class innovators and visionaries on a journey to transform our world for the better. Its whole system approach to address challenging problems with innovative thinking and breakthrough technologies offers employees relentless opportunities to nurture talent and maximize potentials, enabling them to build a lasting career.
As a Principal Consultant, you will work within our Technology Services team helping to deliver Connected and Automated Vehicles (CAV), next generation Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) and Smart Cities related services and projects to clients across the UK and internationally. The team provides services from strategic advisory to highly technical research, design and delivery related engineering and consultancy services. Our clients are primarily based in the UK & Ireland with many opportunities to collaborate with other parts of our AECOM European and International business lines and regions.
Your innovative thinking and business skills will be nurtured to enhance your career prospects and help our team push the boundaries of technology and technical solutions for our clients today and in the future.
As a Principal Consultant, you will be expected to lead and take ownership of design, development and technical delivery of projects. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Providing specialist consultancy and design services for the development of projects and bids and subsequent delivery of technical work in relation to CAV, next generation ITS and smart cities, for which expertise in one or more new and emerging digital/communication technologies (e.g. IoT, 4G/5G, big data, artificial intelligence, cyber security etc.) is required.
- Keeping up to date with new developments, technologies and skills related to next generation ITS, CAV and smart cities and acting as a technology scout for this sector within the Technology Services team.
- Capturing client, stakeholder, system and user requirements, architecting system designs, developing specifications and technical reports.
- Collaborating with AECOM colleagues and project partners to support the development and delivery of opportunities, bids and projects.
- Identifying and engaging strategic partners and industry to support opportunity development and raise team’s technical and business profile.
- Prior working experience in a similar role in transport or ICT-related sector.
- Close to obtaining chartership or already an accomplished Chartered Engineer.
- Great knowledge of IoT, 4G/5G, big data, artificial intelligence, cyber security, (mobile) IP networking and ITS technologies that enable intelligent mobility and smart city solutions.
- Previous work experience in system design, development and delivery for next generation ITS, CAV or smart city solutions.
- Experience in leading and contributing to collaborative research and innovation activities.
- Track record or proven potential of winning bids.
- Ability and instinct for developing novel ideas in close engagement with clients/partners/technology providers.
- Experience of technology research and writing technical reports and papers.
- Breadth of understanding of transport technology market demands, trends and challenges.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including proven experience in influencing technical and non-technical teams on complex issues.
- Demonstrable ability to learn new
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Electronics/Telecommunications/Computer Engineering or in an associated field which is linked with working within the transport or ICT sector. Postgraduate degree in Telecommunications/Computer/System Engineering or in an associated field with digital/communication technologies would be an advantage.
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you’ll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days’ annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You’ll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity,The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you’re a member of the Reserve Forces you’ll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Cost Management and Consulting Services
Business Line Transportation
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 230359BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
- ms project