- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
AECOM are recruiting for a Principal Development Infrastructure Engineer to join our UK and Ireland Development Infrastructure team. This role will be either working in or supporting our Norwich office. We will be happy to receive applications from persons interested in an Associate Development Infrastructure Director role too. We believe in a healthy work / life balance, as such we have a flexible working policy, as well as happy to look at a range of different working patterns. Norwich is located 40 minutes from the exquisite Norfolk coast including Great Yarmouth, Cromer, and Lowesoft; and 1 hour via train to Ipswich.
Our Development teams work with private and public sector clients, architects, planners and other property professionals throughout the development life cycle; providing services from site feasibility through to completion. We undertake Transport Assessments, Travel Plans, Preliminary and Detailed Designs and Safety Audits. We are therefore looking for a creative individual who is adaptive to changing project demands and keen to coordinate and foster a diverse team of individuals.
This is an ideal opportunity for you to provide a leading role within a growing team and benefit from a range of project challenges. The multi-disciplinary nature of the Development Infrastructure team means that we lead on a variety of disciplines including drainage, utilities and highways, from due diligence and pre-planning support right through to design, execution and handover. As we grow our team we aim to provide our Clients with a ‘one stop shop’ and a team that is excited to work collaboratively and pursue a quality consultancy service.
- Management support to the local team and support the growth and development of this team.
- Receive project briefs and lead on coordinating project deliverables, design, technical approval process and production of information.
- Checking and approving designs with support from the Regional Director if and as required, ensuring compliance with local and national design standards.
- Liaise closely with our Clients and their professional teams, including attendance at project meetings and providing advocacy advice.
- Liaise closely with the Regional Director and teams in other offices to assist with the delivery of projects across our region, including our Development Planning team.
- Undertake AECOMs Project Manager role as necessary including monitoring of project financial performance.
- Take an active role and assist in business development activities to maximise work from existing clients within and outside our organization and win work from new Clients.
- Undertake Health & Safety duties including ensuring a safe and healthy working environment for the project team members and fulfilling all responsibilities for health and safety in design.
- Manage sub-consultants to produce deliverables against agreed timescales and in line with budget.
Prepare detailed Client briefs or fee proposals for manager approval and contribute to new bids and business development.
- Proven infrastructure design and management experience.
- Experience of road, drainage and utility design associated with the Development Infrastructure sector at concept, detailed and construction stages, as well as space planning and master planning of engineering elements.
- Understanding of Health and Safety/CDM responsibilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to liaise directly with our Clients.
- Experience with the application and use of relevant design standards including Manual for Streets, Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB), Sewers for Adoption, The SuDS Manual and applicable national policy requirements.
- Familiarity with Civils3D and MicroDrainage (experience of using AutoCAD and MicroDrainage would be beneficial).
- Good knowledge and experience of contributing to bids and proposals.
- Line management and mentor experience.
- Ideally experience with preparation of due diligence advice, negotiating with planning authorities and associated regulators.
- Ideally experience of Public Realm Design.
- Ideally experience of producing drainage statements and flood risk assessments on low risk areas.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in Civil Engineering or a related subject.
- The ideal candidate would be Chartered or incorporated or be able to apply for their professional review within a reasonable period of time. However we would also welcome applicants who can demonstrate meeting the minimum requirements above.
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you’ll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days’ annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You’ll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you’re a member of the Reserve Forces you’ll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
- ms project
- project manager