- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- LONDON, OTHER, UNITED KINGDOM
· Lift London, based in Paddington, is home to a growing collective of world-class engineers, designers and creative technologists.
· The studio is a global centre of excellence in designing and developing the future of how people interact with Microsoft’s services and devices.
· Currently part of several key new initiatives for Microsoft’s future; Lift is shaping the next generation of Windows assistive experiences.
· We embrace agile development techniques and believe in continuously delivering and improving our products though data, feedback and creative risk.
· Empowerment is key to our belief in people; we share goals and expect excellence in return.
· Work with creative teams to establish and implement requirements for content generation
· Drive the delivery of excellent quality software through all aspects of development
· Plan the projects, own, the backlog, track the bugs and report about progress on the projects
· Identify multi-product/service dependency issues and scheduling priorities, and establishes milestone exit criteria
· Translate between an agile team and a milestone driven multi-project program
· Drive collaboration across teams and ensures that people with the right expertise are involved. Find ways to accomplish more by enabling others
· Improve systems to manage product feedback from customers and resolve issues.
· Understand data driven development and how this can be used to drive quality and prioritize development
· Consistently contribute key ideas to the vision that appeal to the customer’s sense of style, fun, and aesthetics as well as their functional needs
· Embody the studio’s Engineering Principles
· Be flexible and able to adapt to new challenges
· Challenge engineering team to be better and more predictable
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· Proven experience shipping successful apps on various platforms
Understanding and good working knowledge of task management systems (e.g. Hansoft, TFS, VSO…)
· Experience with Mobile, Windows and .Net
· Experience communicating with remote teams and stakeholders
· Ability to drive tasks to completion in a timely manner, achieving compromises with other disciplines as required to hit deadlines
· A very personable and ‘can-do’ attitude. Excellent at communicating with non-programmers and programmers to gather end-user requirements
· Very strong problem-solving skills – ability to think outside the box
Personal Attributes/Interpersonal Skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Outgoing and pro-active personality who thrives on getting the best out of a team
Ability to work quickly, efficiently and to a tight deadline
Self-motivated with a drive for excellence
BSc, BEng, or MS in Computer Science