- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Principal, Project IntegrityRequisition ID
Posting End Date
Purpose of Job
The job holder works within the Project Integrity team in OCCO to assess integrity risk in projects and ensure high standards of integrity are consistently applied through the Bank's projects.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- The Principal analyses, verifies, interprets and assesses a project and identifies integrity and reputational risks. Solid, well founded assessment of integrity related issues and then advice is provided together with any appropriate course of action to mitigate integrity related risk (eg. corporate governance action plans and the monitoring thereof) Subsequently, advice is provided to Bank committees and ultimately the Board.
- Develops and Provides training and guidance aimed at promoting awareness of and compliance with the Bank's integrity standards and requirements. The role may represent the Bank at international specialist fora and delivers presentations at internal and external international compliance events, including in ROs.
- Keeps abreast of international standards in anti-money laundering, international sanctions, standards of good corporate governance and related strategies to address risks identified in the assessment.
- Monitors compliance with the Banks' internal procedures on a rotating basis.
- Works on other ad hoc themes and projects relating to the overall focus of OCCO. This may include providing advice on Code of Conduct matters, information barriers, enhancing policies, assisting in audits and becoming involved in tendering for external consultants.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- A law or finance degree or other related post graduate degree
- High integrity and discretion;
- Independent and persevering; very good negotiation skills. Authoritative, with a capability to convince and to be respected and able to build good rapport. Ability to handle pressure, to work to challenging deadlines, with a positive problem-solving attitude. Good team player who has the ability to work independently, with the gravity and confidence to work with senior banking, credit, and legal officers in the Bank
- Good presentation skills with ability to communicate with and conduct training courses for all levels of Bank Officials. Ability to draft policies and procedures. Excellent command of English with ability to communicate complex matters clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing. Command of another language preferable, such as a language of a country of operation.
- Good analytical skills, excellent understanding of how to evaluate integrity and reputational risks with ability to engage constructively on possible solutions and constructively challenge internal decisions.
- Professional experience in legal, banking, compliance, or auditing, with an understanding of the subject matter of several departments such as Credit and proven experience in making decisions based on judgement. Understanding of the international standards regarding compliance, anti-corruption, anti-money laundering and integrity issues arising in EBRD's countries of operations
- Attracted to the mission of the Bank as well as its multicultural environment
Diversity is one of the Bank's core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working.
Job Segment: Bank, Banking, Risk Management, Compliance, Finance, Legal
- ms project