- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- St Albans
We are seeking an experienced Transport Planner to join our industry leading Transport Planning team to help win and deliver projects, in particular around multi-modal strategies, business case development, and economic assessments. This Principal Transport Planner role is a full time permanent role to be located in St Albans in Hertfordshire or London Aldgate.
St Albans is one of our central hubs for the Transport Planning and Development Planning team, located 30 minutes north from London St Pancras / Kings Cross, and on the Thameslink railway line with direct routes to Croydon, Wimbledon, Luton, Brighton, and more. The London Aldgate office on the District and Hammersmith & City London Underground Lines, and will be working closely with our colleagues in St. Albans, Hertfordshire, as well as other offices.
Our Policy & Evaluation team, within the Transport Planning business area, provides advice and support to understand and address the challenges facing society, the economy and the environment. We assess the wider impacts of addressing those challenges and evaluate and learn from previous strategies, programmes and policies. Our clients include central and local government, Local Enterprise Partnerships, as well as development and regeneration bodies.
We are passionate about what we do. We blend qualitative and quantitative skills and shape the debate on policy and planning. We work collaboratively with colleagues across AECOM’s many disciplines, including planners, designers, architects, engineers, regeneration and environmental specialists.
We undertook the baseline evaluation of the £7 billion Thameslink Program, recently published by the Department for Transport , and laying the foundations for capturing the major benefits to come from increased connectivity, capacity and enhanced passenger environments.We help clients identify what they want the future to be and how to get there, as demonstrated by our involvement developing Milton Keynes’ Mobility Strategy to help it deliver its vision for 2050.
As a Principal Transport Planner your responsibilities will include the following;
- Manage and produce effective bids to win work with existing and new clients.
- Manage and mentor colleagues, and impart your wisdom.
- Be proactive and make the most of our support and training to continue your and others’ professional development
- Contribute to and attend industry events and conferences
- Manage your and others’ time and deliver successful projects
- Keep clients happy and engaged.
- Provide technical expertise and maintain and enhance our position as industry leaders.
- A track record in transport strategy or business case development. A portfolio of work which demonstrates excellent technical capabilities (literacy, numeracy, communication).
- Excellent knowledge and hands-on experience of HMT Green Book, WebTAG or TfL’s Business Case Development Manual.
- Good knowledge of TUBA, equivalent software or spreadsheet based approaches to economic appraisal; or proven experience in multi-criteria appraisals and optioneering.
- Proven analytical, data manipulation or statistical skills using appropriate software.
- Proven ability to engage with clients and stakeholders. It would be desirable to have experience in stakeholder facilitation.
- A highly motivated individual with excellent communication skills and ability to work in a consultancy environment, effectively managing client relationships and working to tight deadlines.
- A team player who can work as part of wider project teams across disciplines and geographies – making high quality technical contributions. Help support the building of the team and internal relationships.
- The ability to handle project management across a range of small to large multidisciplinary studies, delivering to time, budget and target margins.
- The ability to manage and mentor junior colleagues and contribute to their professional development.
- Flexibility to travel to other AECOM and client offices, depending on project requirements.
- Degree/Masters qualification in analytical subject (e.g. geography, mathematics, engineering, economics) from an accredited college or university, or overall equivalent experience.
- Experience in evaluation and good knowledge of broader economic development principles and wider economic impacts.
- Knowledge of funding and financing requirements for both capital and revenue projects
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you’ll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days’ annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You’ll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you’re a member of the Reserve Forces you’ll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
- ms project