- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Private Banker - 90215654
Posting Range:27 Feb 2019 - Ongoing
As a Barclays Private Banker you will be identifying, initiating, building and maintaining effective introductory relationships with key internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure effective opportunity streams for new clients, assets and revenues. Acting as a trusted advisor to clients providing bespoke banking services, lending and wealth structuring, in addition to a world class range of investment solutions and products across all asset classes.
What will you be doing?
• Working on your own volition to achieve personal objectives and assist in achieving team targets for new clients, assets and revenues
• Becoming a key person and subject matter expert within the team for banking products, credit advice, investment knowledge and more complex client queries
• Delivering high quality bespoke advice, maximizing value for our clients and negotiating the best commercial outcome
• Acting as the key advisory for Wealth Advisory, Discretionary Portfolio Management, Investment Advisory and Global Investments & Solutions
• Being able and willing to discuss markets, their issues and opportunities with clients
• Ensuring full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
• Working on Complex products through the Private Bank; including structured credit, derivative margin trading, direct access to trading desks for equity and FX forwards
• Supporting Ultra High Net Worth clients / Family Office banking, investment and credit needs as a dedicated Private Banker and team of investment and wealth specialists
What we’re looking for:
• Experienced in controlling and monitoring of risk within a client book
• Experience in retail regulated products and services to mass market and high net worth customers and asset management
• You will be certified under the Individual Accountabilities Regulations and hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks
Skills that will help you in the role:
• A Degree in technical knowledge and accomplished in applying analytical reasoning and judgement to solve complex problems
• Possesses excellent business development/cold calling skills
• Detailed and up to date knowledge of the relevant markets
Interested and want to know more about Barclays?
Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.