- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £35,000.00 - £38,000.00 gross per year
Our well-established and expanding client based in Barnwood, Gloucester have a new opportunity for an Experienced Buyer to join their fun and friendly team on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of both the purchasing process (tender, negotiation and award) and strategic sourcing (supply chain and cost control). You will also have a talent in negotiation with exceptional networking and communication skills.
- Lead negotiations to implement cost reductions before new project start and support cost savings initiatives in the growth phase of a new project.
- Planning and implementing negotiation strategies, utilizing leverage, identifying the risk and developing options to close agreements successfully.
- Attend Tender Handover and Contract review meetings.
-Responsible for contacting suppliers and resolve high level issues regarding price, quality, delivery or payment.
- Responsible for ensuring continued supplier performance (delivery, cost, quality, responsiveness) and potentially looking for new vendors.
- Produce, maintain and manage procurement schedules and communicates throughout the project team to ensure key deliverable dates are met.
-Working with key stakeholders throughout the business on cross-functional efforts to reduce costs, improve processes and manage suppliers.
- Challenge supplier cost increases and proposed changes of terms & conditions to ensure that the company is receiving the best possible commercial proposals.
- Ensuring that the procurement of parts and services are carried out as required in good time, aligned to the company procedures regarding deliveries, invoice approval and supplier returns/repairs.
- CIPS qualification (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 3 years in a similar role
- Construction industry experience would be desirable however not essential
- Robust communication and negotiation skills
- Capacity to solve problems, analyse data and apply information
Hours; Monday to Friday
Salary; Up to £35,000 per annum + £3,000 Bonus (DOE)
- trades and professions