- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Product Analyst - Fraud Machine Learning - 90219982
Posting Range:11 Feb 2019 - Ongoing
Product Analyst – Fraud
Do you want to deliver software that is handling billions of financial and non-financial transactions using machine learning? Do you want to help save the business over 100 million pounds in next two to three years? Do you thrive in a technically challenging environment? If “yes”, then we have a role for you. We are looking for a Product Analyst to join the Fraud Management team. Our goals are to protect the customer, use “best of breed” technology to leverage truly connected data, and deliver flexible world-class capabilities to fight the battles of today and tomorrow.
What will you be doing?
• Determining what the project wants to deliver and support/input to the definition of the scope/MVP and produce business capabilities for the project as a result of this understanding.
• Working with the Product Manager, Product Owner and business SME’s to create high level design docs, process flows etc. (anything that takes epics and clarifies what is to be delivered and summarises the business requirements).
• Using this understanding of HLD to define and create business user stories to enable engagement with engineers and development teams.
• Working with dev teams to elaborate stories, answer questions/provide relevant info and generally transfer knowledge for what needs to be delivered and why and finalise which stories are needed for build and create acceptance criteria.
• Analysing new initiatives to ensure the benefit-potential and drivers are defined and understood by all parties before proceeding.
• Organising and facilitating business analysis using a variety of elicitation techniques including joint requirements planning sessions and working groups
• Being an active participant in agile team ceremonies to refine requirements, plan work and review deliverables.
• Working as part of a product-focused team with the product owner, engineers and PM team to help manage the continuous delivery of value
What we’re looking for:
• Someone with strong stakeholder management and communication skills.
• An Agile background in product analysis and documentation.
• Any Banking, Financial services or Fintech background.
• Alternatively any experience working with Fraud Detection products.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Any level of Transaction or Application fraud domain understanding
• Strong practical background in Product Owner role understanding and execution
• Ideally some experience with Cards and Payments specialization in Banking
• Accredited with industry standard Business Analysis qualifications, Lean and Agile qualifications and an understanding of Business Analysis tools methods and techniques
Where will you be working?
Barclays Northampton is an operation of vast scale, with a huge influence and impact on the financial services industry and on the lives of millions of British people. Here, we process 18 million transactions worth more than £700 million every day. This couldn’t be possible without the collaboration between all our teams – from tech, marketing, functions, and operations – and the global partnerships our Northampton colleagues have. Our environmentally friendly office is within 5 minutes of the local town, easily accessible from the M1, and we run frequent shuttlebuses to and from Northampton train station.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.