- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £30,000.00 - £35,000.00 gross per year
Join a business with an exceptional reputation for the quality and performance of their products. Supply major industries with a growing demand for engineered solutions.
Michael Page have teamed up with a major designer and manufacturer of highly engineered products into demanding customer basses. Retaining control of their supply chain this company can ensure the highest standards of production and quality of their products. Working as a Centre of Excellence (CoE) for a specific sector of the group company's portfolio the Doncaster site is looking to expand and improve its product development team by bringing on a talented Product Design Engineer.
All of the products you work on are developed in house, and you'll be exposed to the whole development life cycle, as well as getting the buzz of seeing your products manufactured on site in Doncaster.
Your key responsibilities as the Product Design Engineer will be:
- Design and validation of mechanical assemblies and fixtures in complex alloys and plastics.
- Produce 'full integrity' models of parts using Solidworks.
- Influence product design specifications, and ensure new designs are optimised for Manufacture and Test
- Development and release of design documentation like mechanical component and assembly drawings and user manuals
- Participate in FMEA and Process Mapping activities to identify / minimise design risks and optimise design outcome.
- Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
You will not just be an employee, you will be a representative of the business to other members of the group at the Doncaster site and globally. You will act in a professional manner, strive to give your best and deliver excellence.
The Product Design Engineer will demonstrate:
- A degree in Product Design or Mechanical Engineering.
- Knowledge of 3D CAD tools (Solidworks (ideal), Pro/Engineer, Solidedge, Inventor)
- Exposure to working in a technical design team supplying industrial customers
- A genuine desire to learn from the experts and contribute to the effective working of the team and therefore the wider business
Competitive offer and progression potential