- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Product Engineer - 90217857
Posting Range:24 Jan 2019 - Ongoing
It’s an extremely exciting time for us. Our Global Technology Infrastructure Services team consists of approximately 4,300 colleagues based across the EMEA, US and APAC. This position will sit in our Foundation Services, where you will be part of a team responsible for Certification, Build Standards and Lifecycle management for all products and services within our Core Network division.
We’re excited to advertise a Product Engineering Lead at our Radbroke offices in Knutsford. As a senior member of the team, you will be very technically orientated and able to lead and advise others with regards to technical queries. This position does not have management responsibilities.
What will you be doing?
• Be responsible for a subnet of technologies and services
• Record requirements for the product/service, build test environment and define test plans, ensure products and services are tested and stable, record test results, ensure products are integrated in our Systems
• Contribute to the technical architecture and design standards for Core Network products
• Keep technically aware, ensure we are adopting the most relevant products and services
• Ensure products comply to all relevant security, compliance and audit policies and regulations
• Work with people across a wide range of disciplines and levels.
What we’re looking for:
• SME in Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (Cisco ACI) for migration strategies and data designs, or Cisco Tetration Technology
• Exposure of Cloud and Virtualisation Technologies (VMWare, Openstack, AWS, Azure)
• Automation testing knowledge, Ansible, Bash Python RESTAPI, NETCONF, Tufin
• Exposure of designing and certifying kit to specific standards.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Good stakeholder management skills (internal and external)
• Background in Cisco networking, routing and switching
• Exposure to equipment testing tools (CMCS, BBNA).
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our technology hub in the North West, located at Rabroke Hall in Knutsford. It’s convenient for most individuals who live within a 35-mile radius, spanning from Liverpool, Chester, Manchester and Stoke. It’s a lively atmosphere with large open plan offices, with everything you need on site including various catering options, Starbucks, Gym, onsite parking etc.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.