- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Product Engineer - 90222604
Posting Range:16 Apr 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title: Product Engineer
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, as a person. The statement ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It is the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and therefore is at the heart of every employee experience.
This role requires an experienced, high caliber senior Java developer/engineer to be the UK SME for our Corporate Sales Financing - Receivables Financing Programme (RFP) application. Ensuring engineering principles are followed to maintain the technical integrity, quality and resilience of the application whilst contributing to a roadmap of change.
What will you be doing?
• Build effective working relationships with the Open Accounts stakeholders to define and deliver change for the RFP application and other Java applications
• Act as a SME on Open Accounts Java application
• Ensure compliance of RFP to our Technology, Resilience, Cyber and Data standards.
• Ensure all change is designed and implemented using best practice and drive DevOps and Test Automation
• Ensure all engineering reviews are completed and the introduction of change into the Production environment follows agreed governance processes
• Manage the impact assessment of proposed changes in the integrated technology environment, in particular understanding the impact of proposed changes on all upstream and downstream systems
• Delivery of all agreed change to time, quality and cost parameters
• Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Barclays Operational Risk Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Standards
What we’re looking for:
• Strong Expertise in Core Java, Hibernate, Spring MVC and AngularJS development and design
• Strong Expertise in SQL and IBM DB2 (current DB) or AWS RDS preferably PostgreSQL (future DB
• Strong Expertise in IBM WebSphere and AIX (current infra) or JBOSS/Tomcat on Red Hat Linux 7 or AWS
• Strong Expertise in DevOps and Test Automation (specific expertise in tools not required)
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Understanding of Banking and Financial Services industry
• Experience of AWS migrations both application and/or database is preferable but not essential
Where will you be working?
We are set in the beautiful countryside of Knutsford, and have lots to on offer to our employees including: Dress down code every day, an onsite gym, remote working, Starbucks, family fun days, Astro turf, Tennis courts and much more. We also offer a free shuttle bus service from Knutsford train station to the site in the morning and from the site back to the train station in the evening.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.