- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Function: EWT/EUTX Sub Function: Wavespace Technology Experience
Job Rank: Associate Director
EY wavespaces are at the forefront of EY's Digital Strategy and because of this EY has been identified as Industry Leader in Digital Transformation. There are currently 25 flagship wavespaces and approximately 25 satellite wavespaces and the number of locations is growing. The wavespaces are a crucial vehicle for EY business to engage with existing and connect to future customers. They are highly-connected, forming a powerful network for the EY business to connect sessions and teams. Wavespace helps our clients to respond to disruptive forces and new digital challenges.
We are looking for a product manager with laser focus on innovation and Digital Technology that will oversee and own the technology products that support our wavespaces globally. Improving the connectivity and ability to collaborate between our wavespaces as well as enabling the EY business to conduct their client meetings will have top priority.
The Product Manager for wavespace owns and drives roadmap, design (first of a kind), adoption, operational quality, financial management, innovation, risk/security compliance, contract management, service delivery/engineering, product industrialization, stakeholder management and support.
Essential Functions of the Job
The Product Manager wavespace will be supporting the director of wavespace Technology Experience to direct the wavespace strategy, technology innovation, stakeholder management, planning, engineering & Industrialization, support, financial management, security and vendor management. More specific:
- Advises EY's stakeholders in the wavespace network, Global Markets, global service line leaders, local and regional executives, EUTX Product Managers and the Network team to continuously validate requirements and priorities and review and align technology services to changing business needs. Proactively partners with the wavespace Operation team, wavespace Area Leaders and local wavespace leaders to deploy and expand the Services and decommission legacy products.
- Directs the investigation, selection and the development of all technology products in the wavespace. Effectively utilizes their skills in engagement with local business stakeholders to think local but act global to gain more consistency in Technology across the wavespaces globally.
- Maintains and builds active relationship with key technology vendors like Microsoft in closely alignment with the other Product Managers and Vendor Management. Monitors market changes and trends to assess competitive positioning for EY in the Digital market and identify opportunities for strategic product enhancements.
- Directs and owns financial aspects of a number of the products in the wavespaces including annual budgeting. Utilizes financial resources to analyse the financial impact of service and support model changes, manage financial risks and opportunities. Directs monthly financial review of centrally managed P&L for their products and consulting local business contacts on operate costs, investments and product life cycles.
- Manages a cross-functional team of Technical Lead(s), Engineers, Event Managers and Onsite Support services and acts as the deputy for the director of wavespace Technology Experience.
- Directs reporting of product utilization and continuously drives for improved adoption and user experience of the product. Partners with the Deployment team, and EY Knowledge to prepare business change material and product industrialization.
- Plans, budgets, initiates and sponsors the investment portfolio to deliver new product features and deploy new products. Ultimately accountable for the timely delivery of the investments within the approved budget. Directs and oversees monthly service portfolio review meetings with stakeholders to manage the investment budget and scope management of projects. Provides regular updates about product direction and release plans to the senior executives, internal and external stakeholders.
- Directs & owns security and risk compliance for the products, actively works with Information Security, Risk Management and Legal to maintain wavespace specific security and risk requirements.
- Directs the product life cycle and long-term roadmap utilizing resources in the Architecture and Experience team.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- History of working credibly with senior stakeholders and business executives
- Adapts personal communication style to the style of others, develops rapport and stays calm in a fast-paced environment or escalating issues using advanced oral and written English communication skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written skills including strong cross-cultural communication and the ability to draft effective communications
- Proven experience working with people in a variety of cultures, countries and time zones
- Utilizes all aspects of emotional Intelligence to navigate the interactions and complexities of the business environment and drive leadership performance in oneself and in others.
- Brings proven expertise in Product Management
- Excellent relationship building, facilitation and influencing skills
- Ability to work effectively with external and internal clients
- Strong client-facing facilitation skills and business acumen needed to help stakeholders understand how to apply complex technical concepts
- Proven financial management skills
- Proven experience in Service Delivery
- Strong strategic skills to develop the wavespace strategy and vision and the ability to translate them into actionable roadmaps
- Ability to identify, prioritize and weigh different options, balancing business, cost and technology priorities to determine a best solution
- Excellent management skills coupled with exceptional judgement and tact
- Passionate, committed and determined
- Proven experience in an innovation role is a pro
- Experience in leading virtual global teams, reviewing performance and coaching to grow team members to their full potential.
The role may also require travel to support change or planned project activities.
Master or bachelor degree in Information Technology or Business Management
Approximately 10 years of experience in a comparable product manager or innovation role.
MBA highly desired
- ms project