- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Hertfordshire UK ,GB
Involved in Plant and Animal Nutrition for almost 60 years and active in the Agri-food industry, the Groupe Roullier draws upon its industrial and technical expertise, its unique sales force and a sustained innovation policy to meet the specific needs of its clients. Our strength is in our 8,000 employees who share our values: innovation, performance, and entrepreneurial spirit. Our activities are organised into 4 divisions: Plant nutrition, Animal nutrition, Agri-food and Industrial solutions.
TIMAC AGRO a subsidiary of the Groupe Roullier, has more than 5,700 talented people based in 39 countries across the globe, with a global turnover of €1.6BN. Timac Agro UK, has since moved to a brand -new Head Office facility at the world - renowned Rothamsted Research Centre, the UK’s primary agricultural research institutions in the world.
Timac Agro UK are expanding, and we are looking for a Product Manager to support our field based commercial sales units in the West of the UK. You will be tasked with developing and delivering the technical training of our team as well as driving Timac Agro UK’s relationships with key players in the UK agricultural industry.
You will have the opportunity to develop our commercial team to ensure they become technically strong, clear communicators, facilitating efforts on field as well as with key commercial partners.
We are looking for someone with a practical knowledge of agronomy/agricultural science, coupled with strong marketing and sales skills. Ideally, you come with at least a master’s degree in Agronomy/ Agricultural Science or another closely related field.
The role will require a solid understanding of modern farming systems and agricultural inputs. You’ll also have a ‘results driven mindset,’ and possess strong leadership skills as you will be developing and training our technical sales teams.
· To position, market and promote our unique, enhanced product range for our customer, wider stakeholders and end users
· Support the design of our product marketing and training materials
· Support the organisation and delivery of key product launches and national and regional campaigns
· Through field-based interaction with the sales team ensure that their technical sales ability is developed through clear communication and strong understanding of agricultural systems
· Identify product training needs across the team and develop appropriate training programmes
· Organise and deliver any other relevant technical training as required, including new staff integration
· To manage farm-based demonstrations and events in the field, including farm walks, talks and other industry conferences
· To develop trial protocols both in-house and with key wider stakeholders
· To ensure that you’re always up to date with industry trends, changes and innovations by analysing regional market trends to discover new opportunities for growth
· Collaboration with other industry experts to build our company expertise and develop industry links
· Working closely with Rothamsted Research to develop a strong business partnership
· Support the Regional Sales Managers and the Country Manager in key account development
· Any other responsibilities that would support the raising awareness of the Timac Agro UK brand and/or the benefits of our products in our targeted sales areas
Along with a broad knowledge of the UK agricultural industry, you will have;
· Master’s degree in Agronomy/ Agricultural Science or Crop Science or related field
· A strong understanding of plant nutrition, soil biology and crop production
· Proven experience in marketing – product management and development
· Agriculture based work experience
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
· Training, coaching and team development skills
· Excellent Interpersonal skills
· Good organisational, planning and problem-solving capabilities
· Learning agility, with the desire to advance your area of expertise and apply it to new tools and methodologies
· Ability to develop good long-term industry relationships
· Demonstrated track record of strong analytical abilities
· Team orientated with the ability to successfully manage and nurture a team
· Self-motivated and driven with a desire to succeed
· Demonstrating resilience, with a focus on positive outcomes
· Commercially aware of current industry happenings/ innovations
· A full, clean UK Driving License
WHAT WE OFFER
At Timac Agro UK, we like to look after our own by ensuring our employees have access to great benefits. Below is a list of just some of the benefits we have to offer…
* Competitive base salary + Performance Bonus + Vehicle + Fuel Card
* On-the job training
* 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
* Company car + fuel card + laptop + phone
* Employer contribution, salary sacrifice pension scheme
* Lump sum of x3 basic salary death in service
*Please note: this is an office-based role and will require UK wide travel. Overseas travel will be required from time to time.*
**Please note: the applications for this position are reviewed on a rolling basis with interviews to be arranged as soon as possible - the vacancy will close as soon as the company identifies a suitable candidate.
For a full job description including the person specification and for any further queries about the role please contact the Talent Team on (phone number removed).
We will only keep and store your data that is essential to the application process. Timac Agro UK is registered with the Information Commissioners Office and we comply with all relevant data protection legislation. For the full policy details please visit the Data Protection Policy available on our website
About the company