- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Product OwnerFunction: Data Office Sub Function: Data Ecosystem
Job Rank: Assistant Director
Data is a key business asset of any organization. EY's Data office is a strategic, global initiative sponsored by EY's leadership to acquire, manage and deliver data to EY service delivery teams. To achieve this goal, EY has developed a cloud based Trusted Data Fabric which enables a wide range of curated data to be consumed by EY's service delivery teams enabling them to deliver advanced client solutions.
Within the Data Office, the Data Ecosystem is responsible for designing, building and delivering services to deliver this capability. This is a key role which further strengthens the existing Product team in developing and delivering a trusted platform for acquiring, managing and consuming data assets for EY. It will be part of a highly skilled, engaged and dynamic multi-disciplinary team.
Your Key responsibilities
As Data Product Owner (DPO) you will you work with the Organizational Intelligence Data Products Manager (DPM) and under their guidance be responsible for managing the business use cases, data requirements and product deployment. This will require close collaboration with: each of other pillars (Market Activation and, Commercial and Risk Management) within the GDO; Quality, governance, organization intelligence and discovery product managers within the Data Ecosystem team and other key stakeholder groups with EY.
As Product Owner, you will work with teams across all EY Data office them identifying and implementing new capabilities. You will drive the development of user stories and technical requirements through the development cycle in an Agile/Scrum based delivery model. You will partner with the technology team to enhance the quality and efficacy of the products built with EY Technology. You will also closely collaborate with the Market Activation team within the GDO to drive greater traction to products / features.
Skills and attributes for success
To be successful in this role you will need to
- Closely work with the DPM
- Work with Market Activation team to identify, source, and define requirements for Organization Intelligence
- Convert requirements to User stories from which products can be developed
- Attend regular Agile ceremonies
- Connect with Technology resources to deploy products to test
- Manage the test process and progressing to live
You will have specific skills
- Experience in managing product development
- Business Analyst skills
- Agile development approach including managing user stories
- Familiarity with cloud and data management trends,
- Ability to analyze complex situations and to derive workable actions
A wide variety of degrees will be considered but a typical candidate may have a Bachelor's degree in a relevant domain such as Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Informatics or related technical field, However, work experience will be of equal, if not greater, importance.
Ideally you will also have
- Experience in working in a large complex organization
- Familiarity with DevOps tools and techniques
- Experience in Data led functions
- Demonstrated experience in developing and operationalizing data assets
We will also look for the following qualities
- Ability to constructively challenge requirements and current state to increase overall value to the firm
- Experience of having been engaged within a multi-cultural, multi-disciplined, globally dispersed team
- Strong relationship building skills
- Ability to understand and integrate cultural differences and motives and to lead virtual cross-cultural, cross-border teams
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change
- Excellent commercial, relationship and negotiation skills
- Excellent organization, written and verbal communication