- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Product & Process Engineer
Alex Begg produces luxurious cashmere scarves and throws for the Begg & Co brand as well as for some of the world’s most prestigious fashion houses. We have a talented team who have generations of knowledge and experience, who are key to our continued success.
About the Role
We are currently looking for a positive and enthusiastic Product & Process Engineer who will be a great addition to our team. You will be joining the team on a fixed term basis reporting to the Technical Director.
You will be responsible for reviewing, developing and maintaining robust product and process specifications for the beautiful products we manufacture.
A further key component of the role is managing the costing process to achieve and maintain an accurate ‘digital-twin’.
Key responsibilities include:
- Critically reviewing current practices in conjunction with appropriate technical & operational resource, reflecting resultant changes in process and system documentation.
- Perform selected work study analysis of key operations.
- Analysis of product and process variances, and providing guidance & assistance to department managers in root cause analysis & corrective actions.
- Manage build-up of costing from development through to approved product, accurately reflecting operational activity in product standard cost.
- Ongoing analysis of actual costs against standard, and reflecting necessary adjustment to standard costs.
- For all New Product Developments (NPD), manage cost forecasts & expectations from conception through to completed development.
- Support preparation for the installation of a replacement ERP system.
- Actively communicate with internal teams to ensure appropriate stakeholders are collaboratively involved in activities.
- Work to support safe working environments and practices for self and others.
Essential to this role:
- Significant experience in a similar role in a manufacturing environment.
- Well-developed influencing skills to gain information and ways of working from existing staff in all areas of the operation.
- Critical thinking.
- Numerate, with a strongly developed analytical ability.
- Strong excel/data manipulation skills.
You will enjoy being part of a fun, friendly environment where people enjoy working with each other, while working hard and having the desire to be the best they can be.
If you would like to apply for this position, then please submit a CV and covering letter to HR detailing why you are suitable for this role.