- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Innovative? Customer Focused? Agile? Open and Engaging? Entrepreneurial? – Our key attitudes and way we like to work at Saint-Gobain. If this sounds like you, please read on to find out more about the Department Leader opportunity.
What impact will you have in this role?
This role is working with Saint-Gobain PAM based out of our foundry in Melton Mowbray, PAM is the premier supplier of ductile iron and cast iron products to the UK's key utilities, telecoms, highways, civil engineering, construction and housing companies.
The fundamentals of this role are to manage the daily and weekly performance of our moulding department, and lead a team of people in being the best they can be, whilst working safely at all times
- Develop an open and engaging culture focusing on safety, our customers and team spirit.
- Ongoing management of team and individual performance against KPIs and standards on a daily and weekly basis
- Be a motivational leader; identify strengths and develop individuals to maximise potential and arrange training and coaching as required to ensure the team possesses the skills to be successful
- Lead and support continuous improvement and customer experience projects and sustain results
- Maintain effective two way communication with the team and internal customers, ensuring business strategies are understood and translated into team objectives and actions.
What kind of person are we looking for?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working. In addition to the five Saint-Gobain attitudes we shared at the start, suitability for the role is always key; does the following criteria sound like you?
- An approachable leader who can evidence results
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment, a foundry would be desirable but not essential
- An excellent communicator and motivator
- IOSH or similar safety qualification would be desirable, or evidential passion for working safely at all costs
- Be confident to challenge the status quo and lead change – a can do attitude.
Who are Saint-Gobain?
Saint-Gobain was founded in 1665 to deliver a world first – the production of glass on an industrial scale. We have continued to adapt and grow through providing innovate ideas, services and products to our customers. 350 years later we have a presence in 67 countries and employ 170,000 people worldwide. The UK & Ireland is home to over 30 of the most well-known and respected businesses within the construction sector including: British Gypsum, Jewson, Weber, Graham and Glassolutions.
You are applying to work with Saint Gobain PAM this is one of more than 30 fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that operate within UK and Ireland. Regardless of which business you join, you will be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
Our Ambition as a business?
At Saint-Gobain, our goal is to ‘Create great living places and improve people’s daily life’. We design, manufacture and distribute materials and solutions, which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. They can be found everywhere in our living places and our daily life: in buildings, transportation, infrastructure and in many industrial applications. They provide comfort, performance and safety while addressing the challenges of sustainable construction, resource efficiency and climate change.
Do you want to be part of this vision? Click apply, we would love to hear from you.
SAINT-GOBAIN ENCOURAGE AND WELCOME DIVERSE APPLICATIONS AND ARE COMMITED TO SUCCESS THROUGH OUR DIVERSE COLLEAGUE COMMUNITY. We’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, taste in music, fashion sense or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strongly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.
AGENCY? Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so. Saint-Gobain accepts no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
GDPR - You will find information on our privacy notice here: http://www.saint-gobain.co.uk/applicantdataprivacy/