- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The Shilling Group consists of a diverse range of companies in Finance, Engineering and Logistics.
Due to expansion we are looking for an experienced Production Manager to organize and oversee our highly skilled workforce at 316 Engineering in Peterborough. You will be ultimately responsible for the smooth running of all production and the quality of manufactured items.
316 Engineering specialise in the fabrication of stainless steel including platforms, stairs, pipework, tanks and bespoke architectural work.
The ideal candidate will have extensive Fabrication & Welding experience. The ability to direct personnel towards maximum performance is an important part of this job role. The goal is to ensure an efficient and productive manufacturing process that meets our customers' requirements.
Areas of Responsibility
* Responsible for overseeing the day to day running of the Fabrication, Pipe work, Polishing departments and the material/consumable stores, working closely with the department supervisors.
* Management of projects from the initial issue to production through to final despatch, ensuring projects are completed within allocated timescales & budgets.
* Organise and prioritise production to meet our client's deadlines.
* Manage and support the workshop supervisors to maintain quality and efficiency during production.
* Ensure quality and final inspection checks are completed prior to despatch.
* Recruitment, training and ongoing management of production staff.
* Stock control.
* Support and maintain EN1090 and ISO 9001 procedures throughout production and despatch.
* Oversee all aspects of Health and safety in the factory.
* Responsible for the servicing and breakdowns of all machinery.
* Extensive Fabrication and welding knowledge are essential.
* Previous management/supervisory role held within a steelwork fabrication environment is required.
* Leadership experience with good man management skills to maintain good discipline.
* Good organisational skills with the ability to plan and maintain workflow.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Experience with Microsoft office programs would be advantageous.
Salary: Negotiable based on experience
Holidays: 28 days including bank holidays
Closing Date For Applications: 19/7/19
- iso 9001
- stock control