- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The Bury Black Pudding Company Limited are looking to recruit a Production Operative to join our growing and expanding business. You will be working as part of a team in the Production room where we mix and cook our prestigious Black Pudding.
The Company objective is to become the world’s leading brand in Black Pudding and one of the truly great UK food companies. Anyone wanting to join our organisation should be motivated and driven by achieving the highest standards.
- Responsibility for preparing the relevant Black Pudding mix and starting the mixing process. (Please be aware the mix includes pork fat and dried pork blood).
- Working on a production line filling casings and catering sticks in preparation for the cooking process.
- Overseeing boilers and steamers to ensure the product is cooked to procedure.
- Working to HACCP programme (critical control points), accurately recording checks and results on relevant documentation.
- Understand product quality standards and implement necessary corrective action on that which does not meet Company, customer or legal requirements.
- Keep work area clean and tidy. We operate a clean as you go policy, maintaining high hygiene standards at all times and working to required cleaning specifications and schedules.
- Excellent Health & Safety and food hygiene standards.
- Demonstrate excellent standards of personal hygiene.
- Adhere to strict Quality and Product standards.
Key Skills & Experience
- Relevant experience, preferably in the food or catering industry, will be advantageous.
- Good attendance and timekeeping.
- Ability to adhere to work instructions and standard operating procedures.
- Good reading and writing skills as there is an element of recording accurate information on internal and supply chain traceable paperwork.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Flexible with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Good communication skills.
- Be enthusiastic and conscientious and understand or be willing to learn the principles and application of Food Safety.
- Have a proactive approach to excellent manufacturing practices.
Hours of work – You will work at least 37.5 per week.
Days – Monday to Friday, occasional weekend work may be required at peak times throughout the year.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £8.21 /hour
- production or catering: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bury, Greater Manchester (Preferred)