- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Reporting to: SG Team Leader & Process Leader
- The SG Production Logistics team are responsible for the day to day operations and preparation of cylinders for internal and external filling. Also providing support to the SG Process Leader, Team Leader, Material Controllers and Shipping departments. This role supports all functions within Production Logistics.
Key duties include:
- Health and Safety Standards are upheld, including the wearing of PPE, hazards are identified and minimised.
- Accident and near miss reporting processes are followed.
- Maintains the work area according to 5S principles; in a clean, safe and organised way.
- Paperwork Handling: Complete all paperwork required for all orders and ensure that this is passed to the relevant department.
- Records data for process or results Key Performance Indicators required by the business.
- Delivers standard work at all times in line with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Key areas of role:
- Cylinder ovens
- Cylinder supermarket
- Delivery of all cylinders to point’s of fill
- Cylinder labelling to the required standard
- Cylinder valving - and stock rotation
- Cylinder blowdown and venting
- All deliveries inbound and outbound
- Container loading
- Air Liquide sites transport picking and loading/unloading
- Air Liquide SG Tunstall transport picking and loading/unloading
- Full stock cylinder storage
- Cylinder return scanning & sorting
- Offsite cylinder picking and preparation
- Cylinder disposal
- Cylinder re-test
- Customer rejects and returns
- Cylinder paint - preparation & spray booth
- Fork lift truck daily management
- Possibile cover to delivery drivers (qualification dependant)
Essential knowledge and know-how specific to the role:
- IT skills - ability to use PCs and associated software.
- Flexibility – adaptability to meet the daily circumstances within SG Operations.
- Must have initiative and be self-motivated.
- Ability to work under time pressure on multiple requests.
- Due to the demands within the wider business there will be requirements to work outside of normal working hours when required.
- Shift work may be required
Desirable knowledge and know-how specific to the role:
- Experience, knowledge and practise within a cylinder logistics & preparation environment.
- Fork lift truck license
- HGV Class 2 License
- ADR training
- A positive and professional "can do" attitude.
- A strong work ethic and sense of accountability.
- Able to work individually and contribute equally within a team.
- Communicates well with colleagues and wider team.
- Demonstrates pro-active and transparent approach.
- Willing to learn and be part of a dedicated and hardworking team.
- Remains flexible to ensure all areas of operation are adequately covered to meet demand.
- Shares knowledge, experience and information with others.
- Works effectively under pressure and to targets.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management.
- Works in collaboration with others to achieve own and team objectives.
- Responds to feedback and takes appropriate action.
- Has input into decisions made with the team.
- Takes personal ownership of actions and their consequences.
- Demonstrate energy enthusiasm and passionate commitment to the business.
- Works to meet customer expectations.
- Understands the need for the business to evolve to meet market expectations.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £21,000.00 /year
- Production: 1 year (Preferred)