- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Build Technician to join the team on a fixed term basis reporting into the Project Build Technician Team Leader. As part of the Project Build Team the successful candidate will be responsible for the preparation and build of various mechanical systems and race car configurations to the highest possible standards for factory-based simulation testing.
The overall purpose of this position is for the build and assembly of various Technology Engineering capability projects used to support Aero, DILS, Dynos, VDG and main factory. The role will also require occasional build support to Applied Science customer projects.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the assembly and checking of technology engineering projects.
- Support in the continued maintenance and running of existing capability projects.
- Occasional assembly work on Applied Science customer projects.
- Managing and maintaining the stock consumables used in part preparation.
- Occasional manual machining operation maintaining good quality control for component manufacture.
- Providing technical feedback on the fitment and assembly of components to establish good design practices.
- Ensuring processes are operated and carried out safely and maintained in accordance with the manufacturers’ recommendations and departmental risk assessments.
- Help with the development and support of departmental processes and procedures.
- Maintaining high standards of housekeeping. Candidate Profile:
The successful candidates will have:
- A mechanical background.
- Specific skills and knowledge of hydraulic systems; basic electrical systems and composites manufacturing would be desirable.
- Basic skills in milling, turning and fitting.
- CAD knowledge would be an advantage.
- Very high standard of care and attention to the quality and cleanliness of your work, and your working environment.
- Mature and responsible attitude and with the capability of taking on whole projects with minimal supervision. A flexible approach to working hours and the ability to work well under pressure is central to this role, along with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- ms project
- quality control