- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Within our southwest region our infrastructure team has strong positions in Highways, Utilities, Rail and Defence. Our people have the opportunity to move between sectors, building their experience across a broad range of major projects and programmes.
We are seeking people to join our organisation who have a positive outlook, are seeking development opportunities and have a strong foundation of technical understanding in their core area of activity.
- Coordinate and work with the project management team to resolve project issues to ensure the delivery/completion of the project work.
- Attend project meetings and discussions with the project management team and external client’s.
- Perform project related reporting to the team and management review on a monthly basis to ensure that the project stays on time and to budget.
- Reporting progress and cost trends and propose action plans for remediation.
- Act as a focal point for the project team regarding scheduling and progress issues.
- Ensure that the schedules and systems are integrated to measure, trend, and forecast the work, and are in place and managed.
- Create/Contribute to the change management process, analysing and reporting schedule and cost impacts to the project.
- Assisting in the continual improvement of the Project Controls processes and procedures.
- Assembling, analysing and projecting of project progress, costs, and man-hours including planned, actual and forecast figures. Create and maintain project schedules that support and align with project requirements.
- Develop the project schedules in conjunction with the project manager and project team.
- Reduce uncertainty, understand objectives and improve efficiency.
- Interact with project team to define scope of work to develop and update detailed schedules, cost information and identification of variances from original plan.
- Interact with and assist project managers to schedule work and coordinate assignments.
- Conduct analysis to determine alternative courses of action or recovery on slipped schedules.
- Undertake Project Reviews.
- Monitor and consolidate the overall project plans.
- Monitor and advise on status of project KPIs.
- To understand and adhere to the business processes applicable to the role when completing all tasks and duties.
- Practical extensive experience in planning and scheduling.
- Knowledge and Proficiency with multiple discipline specific software applications such as Primavera (P6) and/or other planning and resourcing software.
- Cost management & estimating.
- Understanding of earned value management processes and techniques.
- Experience of working with financial forecasting at project level across multiple financial years Risk.
- Understanding of industry risk management practices including ‘Management of Risk’ (MoR) principles Change Control/governance.
- Experience of implementing project controls to align with and support existing organisational governance requirements.
- Ability to create and map processes to support effective change control Performance Management/Reporting.
- Able to utilise existing datasets to produce project performance reports and dashboards within MS Excel.
- Some experience of driving enhancements to data availability and/or quality to support reporting requirements General.
- Ability to coordinate and work with other teams and have basic multi-disciplinary knowledge.
- Working experience with multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Good numerical, analytical and literacy skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Possess good planning and organisational skills and be accustomed to meeting tight deadlines.
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us atwww.turnerandtownsend.com/
- ms project
- project manager