- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £25,000.00 - £32,000.00 gross per year
Capita IT Resourcing are recruiting for a Project Engineer to join our offices in Chippenham. As the Project Engineer will be responsible for the deployment of hardware (client and servers), installation, integration and configuration of CAPITA solutions, Active Directory management, basic networking as well as liaising with internal teams to gather/provide information required to complete the tasks to hand. Due to the nature of the role you will be required to have your own vehicle and valid passport to be able to travel to different sites in the UK and Globally.
·Installation, integration and configuration of computer-based communication systems at both hardware and software levels on both server and client platforms.
-Fault finding computer-based communication systems at both hardware and software levels.
·Liaison with in-house teams on technical subjects as required and with colleagues undertaking other roles within the project scope.
·Writing, reviewing and updating technical documentation to high standards.
·Complete all activities within set deadlines and report appropriately any difficulties to achieve delivery milestones.
- Communication, Electronics or Computer Science Diploma and/or equivalent professional certification in IT
- Microsoft Server Architecture build and configuration.
- Understanding the install, configuration and fault-finding of Windows Client and Server operating systems.
- Knowledge of core networking principles such as TCP/IP with a view to supporting a CISCO Switch and Router based environment.
- A good understanding of Domain Architecture.
- A good understanding of Network attached Storage, configuration and management.
- Must hold a full UK drivers' licence
- Experience of ITIL system lifecycle workflow
- CISCO networking experience
- Knowledge of Analogue/Digital Telephony.
- Installation practices - Patch cabling, wiring.
- An understanding of Windows Deployment Service (WDS)
- Understanding of database environments especially Microsoft SQL Server
- Knowledge of Virtualised server environments such as Hyper-V and VMWare VSphere
- Awareness of WSUS Critical updates.
- MCSA qualifications in server architecture
If you are interested in the role and would like to apply, please send me your CV in response to this advert for immediate consideration.
Capita IT Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.