- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Project Manager - 90213582
Posting Range:4 Dec 2018 - Ongoing
Project Manager - VP
Direct Investing Technology supports the Smart Investor business primarily but others include Private Bank, Corporate & Employee Solutions. The application domain space is complex and integrates services from many of key platforms including Smart Investor, Retail Online Banking (ROLB), Barclays Mobile Banking (BMB), Equity Trader Platform, TradeWeb, FullServe, MCAs, Customer, GOLF, TCV, BEM, IMCC, PBTV, CloudIt and Charles River. The team create, refine and maintain modern application services that trade clients’ equity, fund, fixed income stock orders with a large group of brokers and trading venues in real-time. The Glasgow Dealing Team, SkyBranch agents, Operations teams, Service Management teams and retail clients are the main customers but representatives of other internal businesses that use the services are also clients.
This will be a critical role in the evolution of the Smart Investor Platform that will provide delivery co-ordination across multiple internal Barclays technology teams and the use of external suppliers. The role holder be able to support multiple initiatives in parallel and sound technology architecture, governance and planning to support delivery. The PM will be required to face off to multiple business and product stakeholders and control delivery in an agile manner in line with overall programme objectives.
· Support delivery, ensuring that the business proposition, scope and target operating model are clearly defined in order to ensure that Technology delivery can commence. This covers end-to-end technology and business deliverables from inception to implementation and benefits realisation.
· Programme management of multi-million pound investment in Barclays Digital Bank – including planning, financial management, resource management, risk/issue management and senior stakeholder engagement.
· Demonstrate strong understanding of Digital Delivery in complex banking environments to ensure that the Smart Investor platform will deliver a high level of customer experience in a highly automated and efficient manner.
· Ensure that at all times, business requirements and proposition are aligned to technology delivery and that where decisions are made that relevant stakeholders are in full agreement.
· Provide insight on the best Technology solutions available to meet business requirements, across both internal Barclays platforms and externally on the market. Where possible to work with innovation and strategy teams to drive forward on the adoption of new technologies and seek sponsorship for innovation and collaboration.
· Experience of delivering change in a Digital environment, ensuring that all aspects of client engagement and servicing across all channels are fully considered.
· Experience of working directly with application vendors both internally within Barclays and with external suppliers.
· Experience of working in matrix environment is critical – demonstrating ability to manage complex delivery across multiple functional areas will be key to success of this role.
· Demonstrable experience of driving technology and/or business strategy innovation, leading to tangible business benefits.
· Professional project qualification (e.g. APM, PMP, PRINCE2, MSP) or equivalent Project/Programme Management training or qualification
· Agile Project Management, Programme Management, Product Owner or Scrum Master training or qualifications
· Experience of Agile tools (e.g. Jira, Rally, Trello) and Confluence tools
· Experience of Microsoft Project and HP Navigator
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.