- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Project Manager - 90226621
Posting Range:25 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title Project Manager
You will be responsible for management of projects within the Security Way Forward programme, typically (but not exclusively) involving the development and implementation of business processes to meet identified business needs, acquiring and utilising the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales and quality.
What will you be doing?
• You will take responsibility for the definition, documentation and satisfactory completion of small- to medium-scale projects.
• Identify, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project.
• Ensure that realistic project and quality plans are prepared and maintained and provides regular and accurate reports to stakeholders as appropriate.
• Ensure that quality reviews occur on schedule and according to procedure.
• Manage the change control procedure and ensures that project deliverables are completed within planned cost, timescale and resource budgets and are signed off.
• Provide effective leadership to the project team and takes appropriate action where performance deviates from agreed tolerances.
• Define and managing the process of deploying and integrating IT capabilities into the business in a way that is sensitive to, and fully compatible with, business operations
What we’re looking for:
• Experience as a Project Manager working in a mixed technology environment
• Excellent communication skills
• Able to conceive original and practical solutions to complex problems
• Strong analytical skills, methodical approach with good attention to detail
Skills that will help you in the role:
• APM, PMP, PRINCE2 or equivalent Project Management qualification, Agile Project Management, Programme Management, Product Owner or Scrum Master training or qualifications
• Experience of working in an agile project team
• Experience in Financial Services project delivery
Where will you be working?
You’ll be working at our flagship Technology Campus at Radbroke Hall in Knutsford. Set in the beautiful grounds of Radbroke Hall itself, out Technology Center is the home for Banking innovation. We employ a unique friendly culture, relaxed work environment and a suite of onsite benefits.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.